Chapter 26 - Plans

Adrian Nielsen

I kept watching Dean doing the surgery on Leah. It was not a short one but a long one. He's been in there for 4 hours trying to fix whatever inside her body.

When he was done with it, he grabbed the devide that's inside her body and showed it to me through the glass. It was a small device and it shaped like a small spider.

Dean threw it away and he walked out from the operation room. He looked at me and sighed.

"That device wasn't no joke, it leached to her rib. I hate to cut one of her ribs because how crazy that device was. There was a toxic liquid that was released to her body and we got that out pretty quickly too. But the damage was pretty quick on her and she will experience some complications in the future but I don't know what."

"Okay." I nodded.

"Once she recovers, send her back to where she belongs. Don't even think about giving her forgiveness, I'll kill you instead if you do that." Dean said and then he walked pass me.

They moved Leah to a regular room and I was damn speechless. How did Victor get her? How did she even get those device in her body? What exactly happened? All of these questions are making me frustrated and I wanted answers.

How can she betrayed me like that? I thought she could be trusted. I was proud of myself to be distancing from her lately but also not proud of myself to realize that something like this had happened. This means Victor kidnapped her at some point because to put that device on her, they must to an operation on her.

It was a small device but still they need to attach it on her body.

"Mr. Nielsen." I turned to see see one of my men gave me the contact lenses that was from the room upstairs. I looked at the contact lenses and it was indeed a spying contact lense.

How can Dean detect it so quickly? I can't even tell the difference.

I walked to the room that Leah was in. My heart crushed when I saw her like this. I noticed that her left cheek was so red and I walked closer to her. Did she get slap?

I took out my phone and immediately called my team to find Victor Mendez and whoever behind this. I wanted to kill them.

Leah Morris

I opened my eyes slowly and I was clearly in a hospital bed. I tried to get up but I couldn't because my body was hurting so bad.

I turned to the door when someone walked in and it was the same man who caught me looking for the files. He was wearing scrubs and he looked at me coldly.

"Well.. look at you.. the traitor." He said as he walked closed to me. I was speechless when he said that and I am indeed one. No matter how I try to explain, I don't think they will understand.

"You really owe me your life, Leah Morris. You betrayed ILLICIT and you get to live?" He said in a sarcastic tone.

"I'm sorry but I don't have a choice when they kidnapped me. For the last 3 week, I got nothing for them. When the main lab was opened, it was my last chance but you caught me and they immediately release the toxic that they put inside of me." I said explaining it quickly hoping that he would understand.

"Do you think I'll believe that?" He asked.

"Dean." I turned to the door and saw Adrian. He gestured the man in scrubs to come out. After a few moments, Adrian came into the room alone.

"I can say.. I'm disappointed, Leah." That's the first thing that he said after seeing me like this. I don't know why but that words just stabbed me right at the core.

"I can explain." I said quickly and he shook his head.

"You're fired and I want you to pack your bags and go back to the States." He said angrily and he left the room without letting me explain.

"Mr. Nielsen, please.. hear me out." I begged and he shook his head. He went out off the room and there's guards coming in to take me out. They brought me out from the ILLICIT building and they threw me right in front of my apartment.

My body was hurting so bad. As I was walking up to my apartment, someone dragged me to the emergency stairs. Before I could scream, they knocked me out.

Adrian Nielsen

After Dean left the headquarters, I quickly drove towards Leah's apartment. I had to be mean towards her so Dean won't kill her. I wanted to check on her because she just got out from the surgery, she needs a really intense recovery.

As I parked my car randomly in front of her apartment and walked into the building. I pressed the lift button aggressively and I went up to her apartment floor. I knocked on her door a few times and even called her name.

"Leah! Leah! Open the door!" I said knocking on the door aggressively. I was on edge and have this weird feeling. Instead of waiting for her to answer, I knocked the door. I bursted into her apartment and there's no sign of her.

Oh shit!

I opened all of the doors and she's not in the apartment. I bet Dean's men already dropped her but where the hell is she?

I quickly called my team and asked them to check all the CCTV of the building and all the roads near her apartment. I quickly went down and got into my car again. I started to drive around because this is not a good sign.

She might get killed this time.

I shouldn't have let Dean send her back to her apartment. This was so stupid of me. Suddenly I get a call.

"Mr. Nielsen, it seems Mr. Alessandro already on his way." What?

"Send me his location." I said and that son of a bitch. He has his own plans!