Chapter 37 - End

Leah Morris

Ever since I heard from Lana that Adrian wasn't picking up his phone, I have been getting nightmares. I was so worried about him and called him at least 50 times a day. I can't stop thinking about him.

I asked Jack about Adrian but he said he never came to work this week. If he doesn't come to work, then where would he be? In Denmark? I mean it's possible but why wouldn't he pick up the phone?

I was pacing around the room, completely trying to solve this mystery. I texted Lana over and over again but she got none. She got no information too and she told me that it was hard for them to comunicate because they shouldn't be communicating.

"Leah, you should hold a mop while you're at it." My brother said and I glard at him hard.

"You look like you haven't slept for years, you look like a zombie." He's not wrong, I've been having trouble sleeping. I only sleep for one or two hours a day. I was worried about Adrian and I don't know how to contact him.

Dean won't kill him right?

I walked out to the garden behind my house and sighed. I looked up to the sky and prayed for Adrian. I hope he's not in trouble and I hope he's okay.

"I.. miss you." I walked back in and went straight to my room. I closed my eyes and fell asleep.

Adrian Nielsen

When Leah's room lights were off, I sighed in relieve. I looked at my phone and saw her called me a lot of times. I sighed and felt really bad that I can't answer her.

I don't want to put her life on the line. Dean will always keep his words and I don't want to hurt her and her family at all cost.

I got into my car and got a message from Leah.

Adrian, if you.. see this message, I just hope you're okay. I miss you.

I looked at the message and turned my head to her house.

"I miss you too, Leah. I miss you too.. a lot." I said and I put my phone away. I drove away from her house.

Leah Morris

"Leah! Leah!" I opened my eyes when my dad called my name. He looked at me worried and he let out a sigh of relieve when he saw me open my eyes.

"You scared me." He said.

"What? What happened?" I asked.

"You were screaming and you were sweating a lot.. you've been calling the same name over and over again for the past few days, Leah." He looked at me and I tried to calm down first. My breathing was short and I was sweating a lot.

I leaned to my head board and closed my eyes.

"Who's Adrian? Did he hurt you when you're in London?" My dad asked and I opened my eyes looking straight at him. I smiled and shook my head.

"I miss him, maybe that's why.. I've been dreaming about him."

"You're having nightmares, Leah." He didn't believe me. I sighed and turned to my phone hoping that he will reply to my messages but none.

"What happened exactly in London? You need to tell me." My dad said as he sat down on my bed looking at me worried. I shook my head and sighed.

"I just miss him." My dad pulled me into a hug and he calmed me down. I was stressing a lot especially when I don't get any news back from Adrian. I'm so worried about him.

"Leah, someone dropped this on our porch." My brother walked in and showed me a white envelope. I grabbed it and immediately opened it hoping that it would be Adrian.

Meet me at the park

I got up immediately and my dad and brother looked at me confused. I changed my clothes and ran downstairs. I put on my shoes and ran out from the house towards the park near the intersection.

This got to be Adrian right? This has to!

When I arrived at the park, there were 3 men standing there holding a gun straight towards me. They were laughing like a maniac when they saw me.

"Interesting.. this is the woman who Victor told us right?" The man who was standing in the middle said as he took a step towards me.

"What an in-" Before he could finish his sentence, someone shot the three men and I looked at it disbelief. I looked around to see who the hell shot them?

My phone rang and it's an unknown number.

"Hello." I answered.

"You should get out of there." It's Dean and I quickly ran away from the park as I saw car stopping near the park. I ran back towards my house completely still in shock when someone caught my hand. I turned to see Adrian and my eyes widen in shock. Before I could say anything, he pulled me into a hug.

"I miss you." He said and when I was going to say it back, I saw Dean got off from a black car. I quickly pushed Adrian and stood in front of him.

"I.. suggest you to check your family, Leah." He chuckled evilly and that's when I realized about our deal in the first place. I quickly ran towards my house scared that Dean's men will kill them.

Adrian Nielsen

"Well done, Adrian. Well done! I admit that you did a great job on escaping." Dean said as he clapped his hands walking towards me.

"I'm done, Dean." I looked straight at him and he raised his eyebrows.

"I'm leaving ILLICIT." I said and his face turned dark immediately. He stood there looking at me and I bet he was debatijg whether to kill me or not.

"This is ridiculous! Don't you want me to be happy?" I bursted angrily and Dean didn't take his eyes off me.

"For once, I'm happy and I felt relieve to have someone like her. She got hurt because of us, you even told me that she will live having complications in the future! I was the one who sent here that day and do you know how much I regretted it?!"

"Adrian, don't be pathetic. This is not the first time our employee died, you're acting like this is your first time seeing someone almost died when you even capable of killing people with your own hands." He was right, his words were right.

"You're acting stupid, Adrian. You really are.. one day you'll regret leaving ILLICIT." He said as he turned around.

"Once you get back to London, give me back everything related to ILLICIT. Don't even try to communicate with Angelo and Chance either." He said and then he got back into the car.