Chapter 16 - Sure

Adrian Nielsen

"Fuck!" I hissed at myself as I took another cold shower. This is messing with my head already. She's really not good for my sanity.

Ever since that incident, I was being a little protective over her. Something about her that made me go nuts. I was acting like a possessive boyfriend and I felt it. Why do I always feel that she needs to be protected?

I still can see her when she was fully bruised and almost got killed by those fuckers who got into the headquarters.

I ran my hands through my hair. I need to get my shit together. Why did I kiss her earlier too? She was making me worry sick. I couldn't even close my eyes properly knowing that she's out there somewhere.

I shouldn't have leave her alone next time, it'll drive me crazy.

I got out from the shower and laid on my bed. It's 3 in the morning already and I couldn't sleep. My body was starting to get hot just remembering what happened earlier.

I should have take Jack in this trip and send Leah to Swiss instead. I'm regretting this.

Leah Morris

As soon as I arrived at the office, I'm assuming this is Estelle instead of ILLICIT. I got out from the car and one of his employee led me to the office. Adrian was having a meeting right now and she asked me to wait in his office.

I sat down on the sofa and looked at my phone when the door bursted open. It's Adrian with two men who I'm assuming his friends because they were laughing with each other.

When Adrian saw me, he immediately turned to his friends. "This is my employee, Leah. Leah, this is Enrico and Travis." I shook their hands and smiled.

"Nice to meet you."

"We have work, you both can leave." Adrian said and they both left the room. He gave me his iPad and showed me a picture.

"There's an exhibition that we're going after this, they will display FL-2020." I looked at the FL-2020 pictures and it's a technology that allows you to control any transportation from all around the world.

"Like in the Black Panther movie." I commented.

"Yeah but more updated basically." Adrian said and I nodded.

"What do you want me to do?" I asked as I looked at him.

"I want you to bid on it." My eyes widened when he said that.

"Bid on it? Why? I thought you can buy it easily. You have connections." I said confused and he shook his head.

"They're from Cavino company and Cavino company doesn't really go well with us since my family built our company. We're rivals."

"So I'm going to pretend like I'm not your employee?" I asked raising my eyebrows and he nodded.

"You can bid as much as you like, money is not the problem for me." He said and I looked at the pictures again to know more about the FL-2020.

"Why do you want this technology?" I asked.

"Because it was ours." I looked at him shocked.

"They stole the idea."

"Why don't you sue them?" I asked because I know he has the power to do so. He laughed at my question and shook his head.

"Such a waste of time for suing them." I guess that's my cue to not ask more questions. I rather not get on his bad side today.

"You'll go with Diego today, I'll be observing you from afar." He said and I nodded. He left me in his office alone as I kept looking at the pictures. My eyes widened when I saw the man who created the FL-2020.

It's Victor Mendez.

Victor Mendez is known to be the next Elon Musk of the technology world. He's known not only in Europe but in America too. So he stole this idea from Adrian huh?

I never thought someone like him will steal ideas from other people. I kept reading about it again and again because I want to know about the product that I'm bidding or else I'll look like a fool.

"You need to be aware of Victor Mendez." Adrian said as he walked into the office again.

"Why?"

"You'll know about it once you got there. Don't talk to him unless it's needed." He said as he sat across me.

"Anything else, what other rules do I need to follow?" I asked as I looked at him straight in the eye.

"I want you to win this bidding, whatever it takes." He said and I nodded. After that he has another meeting, I was introduced to Diego by Adrian's assistant. Diego and I talked about strategy to win the bidding. He and I will bid together and find ways to buy the product.

I grabbed my bag and ready to go to the exhibition with Diego when Adrian entered the room. He asked Diego to wait for me outside. He gave me an earpiece so he could her what I say and guide me if there's something wrong.

I put the earpiece on and turned to him. He nodded giving me approval to go and I walked out from the room. Me and Diego went down to the lobby and he already got a car for us to go there.

"Nervous?" Diego asked as I put on the seatbelt.

"No, not really." I said honestly and he chuckled.

"You'll do great, I promise." He drove us to the exhibition and there's already a lot of people there. I got in first and Diego will find me inside. Apparently this exhibition is one of the biggest tech exhibition in Europe and I can't wait to see cool stuff here.

I went inside and I was so fascinated by everything. As I was checking a robodog, someone poked my shoulder. I turned around to see Brodie. Brodie is the man that I met at the bar yesterday. I can't believe that I'll see him here.

"Never thought I would see you here!" He said and I hugged him.

"Yeah, me either." I said and then I saw his neck tag. He's from Cavino which is the company that created FL-2020. I was speechless for a second but I quickly calm myself down.

"So.. you love technology huh?" He asked.

"Yeah, it's fascinating."

"I'll show you my company's products, you'll love it." He said as he grabbed my wrist leading me to his booth. My jaw dropped when I saw the FL-2020 on the display. I wondered why Adrian wanted it so badly.

"Leah." I turned to Brodie and Brodie raised his eyebrows.

"You okay?"

"What's that?" I asked pretending to not know about the FL-2020. I walked towards it and Brodie stood beside me.

"Beautiful, isn't it? It's called FL-2020 but we all called it the Transfort. It's basically what you see in the Black Panther movie but more cooler." I nodded.

"How do you know this guy?" Adrian's cold voice took over my ears.

"It's cool." I said to Brodie.

"Hey, I was wondering.. if you're free tonight, I want to take to dinner." Brodie asked me nervously and I chuckled.

"Say no." Adrian said.

"Sure, why not?"