Chapter 10 - Bully

Leah Morris

I entered the lab nervously and found my two co-workers already there working. I greeted them and I walked to my desk to continue my work after a week recovering. I was hoping that Adrian is not in London today because I'm not ready to face him just yet.

After sitting and working in the lab for hours, I've got an hour to have lunch. I walked out to go to the cafeteria and that's when I saw Aria walking pass by. I hid right away because I really don't want to face the Nielsen siblings.

"What the hell are you doing?" I jumped when I heard Adrian's voice.

"Mr. Nielsen!" I turned to him and he raised his eyebrows. He peeked to see who am I looking at.

"Where are you going?" He asked and I gulped nervously as I pointed at the cafeteria sign. He followed my finger and he looked at me disbelief.

"I give you 30 minutes to have your lunch and then I want you to come to the main lab." He said and then he put his hands into his pocket leaving me standing there speechless.

"Mr. Nielsen, let's go to the main lab now. I'm not hungry anymore." I said and he turned to me nodding his head. I walked behind him nervously. Out of nowhere he stopped and I bumped my body right to his back.

"Are you my bodyguard?" He asked in a pissed tone as he looked at me raising his eyebrows.

"I'm not."

"Then walk beside me." He hissed and I nodded. We walked side by side to the lift and went down to the main lab. I'm nervous because I never been to the main lab. I mean I did but that was last week when they put their guns to all the intruders' head.

We walked into the main lab and I am beyond speechless. It's 4 times the size than the lab that I used to work in and it has more computers and bigger smart table. He gestured me to wait and I nodded. He walked away and I bit my lips nervously.

Why is he bringing me here?

When he got back, I turned to him to see him holding a small black cube. The size was about 1cm square and it really looks like a dice. He put it on the smart table and the information about it popped up.

The black cube is called Xycromatte. It's a tracker but it can blow up a car instantly. He showed me some clips about it and there's even a video to show how it works.

"Aria made this, impressive huh?" My jaw dropped to the floor, I didn't expect her to make something like this.

"The intruders were looking for this last week." Adrian said as he grabbed the Xycromatte looking at it and he chuckled.

"Who sent them?" I asked.

"A man by the name of Dorian." He said and I raised my eyebrows.

"Dorian? Like Dorian Gray? That famous story?" I asked innocently and Adrian sighed. "Yes, like that famous story." He said looking at me like I'm the stupidest woman alive.

"Dorian was one of the high ups in Europol, he's obsessed with weapons. He has been interesting in ILLICIT since ILLICIT started and he wants to be a part of us too." Adrian said as he looked at the cube again. He then let me hold it.

"He's evil or.. maybe a psychopath." Adrian said as he closed the smart table.

"He's still after you?"

"The reason why I'm calling you here is that.. I want you to manipulate the code." Oh no..

"Manipulate the code?" I repeated him and he nodded.

"I'll give you 2 weeks to figure it out. You don't need to do your original work, I want you to do this first and show it to me." Adrian said as he leaned his back to the smart table. He tilted his head waiting for me to answer him.

"Yes, Mr. Nielsen."

"You should becareful wherever you go, starting from now." He warned and that creeped me out a little bit. That words made me nervous.

"I'll buy pepper sprays, don't worry." I said and Adrian looked at me disbelief. I know he's mocking me with his eyes and he shook his head slowly.

"Pepper spray won't kill them, Leah."

"I'm not going to kill someone! I can kick his pepe and spray his eyes until he's blind. I mean not until his blind but.. temporary blind." I said trying to explain it to him in a calm tone.

"Do you think he will come alone? I can't believe how someone can be smart and dumb at the same time?!" He mocked me and I glared at him.

"Did you just glare at me?" He asked and I looked away.

"No, I was just.. stretching my eyes." I said and that's the most stupidest answer I've ever made in my entire life. I face palmed myself and Adrian sighed.

"Manipulate the code and I bet you could do that so don't disappoint me, Leah." He said in a serious to me.

"Yes, I will try." I said as I looked at the Xycromatte in my hand. Adrian turned around and I decided to follow him out from the main lab. Suddenly my stomach growled and we both stopped walking to the door.

"Your lunch time is 10 minutes left, you better run up there." He said and before I knew it.. my legs already running towards the stairs. I sprinted up to the second floor and my eyes looked ay the line in horror.

"Shit!" I cursed under my breath.

"Mr. Nielsen." I turned around to see Adrian walking into the cafeteria. Everyone got up and greeted him. He gestured everyone to sit down and he walked to the line. People were giving the chance to cut the line but he insisted on queueing.

"8 minutes, Leah." He mouthed me and pointed at his watch. I looked at the food sadly because I won't be able to eat it.

"So dumb." What? Did he just mouth me that?

"Bully." I hissed.