Chapter 2 - Try

Leah Morris

Yesterday, I went for a really long test with the Estelle. I was wondering if all the employees went through all of this because it was a really long and exhausting one. I will get the job if I pass the test and I'm pretty nervous. I bet they have a really high standard to hire someone and I'm not blaming them for that.

Now I'm here again at the Estelle office building waiting for the results patiently. I prayed that I will get this job and be the happiest person alive. I will be able to send my parents lots of money too from this job.

"Ms. Morris." Mitchell called and he gestured me to go in. I knocked the door before walking in and today, there's only the woman interviewer. I smiled greeting her and she gestured me to sit down.

"We got your results and we can finally announce that you got the job." She said and immediately tears filled my eyes. I can't believe that I got the job, my dream job for the past 4 years.

"But.." She said and I wiped my tears quickly. She pushed the contract to me and gestured me to read it.

"Read it and if you agree to all the rules, the job is yours." She said and I looked down to the contract. I started to read it slowly and one by one. Apparently I can't say anything to anyone about my job. I can't even say what I'm working with. I can't even say a word about what I'm doing, what I'm seeing and what I heard in the ILLICIT HEADQUARTERS.

I froze when I saw those two words. I looked up to my interviewer and she gave me a nod.

"Since you're from America, you might not know the ILLICIT that well but let me explain you shortly. The ILLICIT is the most famous company throughout Europe without knowing who run it. It contains security system, technology related products, weapons, airlines, textile and many more. This company is owned by some people and the public doesn't know who they are." Honestly, I've heard about the ILLICIT before. Just like the Gold Lifes in America but they're from Europe and no one really know who they are. People tried to guess but mostly they're wrong.

"This is a very rare case but after we saw your resume, we wanted someone like you to be involve in the software engineering team. So.. if you're done reading the contract, you can decide if you want to get in or not."

"But I haven't read it all." I said and she nodded.

"I'll give you one hour to think and then we will proceed to talk about what's next." She got up from her seat and walked out leaving me in the small meeting room alone. I read the contract again and it was basically a strict rules that I can't say anything about my work.

After reading the contract again and again for about 4 times, I called Mitchell and he called my interviewer to see me. I sat down and she walked in with a pen.

"So.. what's your decision, Ms. Morris?" She asked as she put the pen in front of me. I grabbed it and signed it in front of as my answer. I pushed the contract slowly to her and she checked my sign before proceed to take her phone out.

"Christy, I want you to assist her there." She said and she got up from her seat. "I'll be seeing you more often, Ms. Morris." She smiled widely and I shook her hand before she walked out from the room.

"Take care of her." She said to a woman that I assumed to be Christy.

"Good afternoon, Ms. Morris. I'll be the one who drive you to the ILLICIT HEADQUARTERS." My eyes widen when she said that and I followed her to the lobby. She told me to get into her car and I got in. I put my seatbelt and put my bag under my feet.

"I know you have a lot of questions about the situation, Ms. Morris. You can ask me as we're going towards the place, it will take about 45 minutes of drive." She said and where should I begin.

"ILLICIT, how many person are there?" I asked curiously and she chuckled.

"I might be working with them but I never know how many they are or who they are." She answered in a playful tone.

"So does it mean, Mr. Nielsen is a part of ILLICIT?" I asked curiously.

"Some people assume he is a part of ILLICIT but some people assume that he's owns the shares to the company. Only a few people knew who they are and we won't be one of those people. We will be working with them but I don't think you will know exactly who's the member."

"That's crazy, how can they keep it so private?"

"No one knows why and a lot of businessman really going out there telling people that they're a part of the ILLICIT." She laughed.

"They might be telling the truth." I said.

"They won't reveal themselves, Ms. Morris. They will always hide in the dark and you will know why. You'll working with them anyway, you'll understand." She said and I'm starting to get nervous.

"You should prepare yourself."

"Prepare for what?"

"You'll be amaze to see the HEADQUARTERS, it's beautiful and really luxurious." She said and I started to imagine how the headquarters would look like.

"So.. what's the purpose of the headquarters if they never show themselves? Is it just for showing off?" I asked curiously as I thought about how they never reveal themselves.

"If you think they only have one, you're wrong. These people are loaded. They have 5 other buildings which in France, Italy, Greece, Denmark and Swiss. I personally love the France one, it's crazily cool." Who are these people? This makes me wonder what it look like.

"And.. if you end up meeting with Mr. Nielsen. You better not drooling over him, he's really.. charming." Everyone knows that he's charming. It's not a secret anymore that the whole Europe wants him. We heard about him in America a few times since he came here a lot. Princess Aria actually stayed in America for quite sometime.

"I'll try."