Chapter 6 - Situation

Adrian Nielsen

I got out from the car and walked towards where Dean, Angelo and Chance were standing. I put my hands into my pocket and looked at Phoenix from a far.

"You three better not be like him." Dean said as he looked straight at Phoenix and I found myself nodding. I turned to Chance and Angelo and they both have their eyes glued on Phoenix.

It's not fun at all to lose a brother.

I turned to Phoenix and he saw us. I smiled and waved my hand to him. Phoenix smiled at us and it felt like he's about to cry seeing us. I bet he never thought we would come and see him in his wedding day.

As long as he's happy, I'm okay with it. He found his happiness and he deserves it.

"Let's go." Dean said as he turned his body around. I looked at Phoenix one last time and then turned around. Dean and Chance got into the car and drove away leaving me and Angelo.

"What?" I asked as Angelo kept looking at me like he wanted to say something.

"Nothing." He ended up getting into his car and drove away. I got into my car and drove away following Angelo's car. We all drove towards our headquarters in Paris and my heart was heavy.

My phone rang and it was an unknown number. I looked at it confuse but decided to pick it up.

"Hello."

"Mr. Nielsen, it's Leah. We have an emergency here in the headquarters!" She's basically in panic becaude her tone was unstable.

"What happened?" I pulled over my car to the side.

"There 2 intruders here. They brought a lot of guns and they took a lot of the prototypes too!"

"I'll be right there!" I said and ended the call. I immediately drove again but this time towards the airport. As I was driving fast to the airport, I saw Dean's car passed by me and I'm assuming he knew it too.

I called my secretary to get the plane ready because it's a real emergency. We have go to London fast! As soon as I arrived at the airport, Dean's jet was ready so I decided to just hop on. Dean got out from his car and I walked to him.

"I already called more teams to go to the headquarters, once we get there.. we'll kill them." Dean said and I nodded. We got into the jet and Chance and Angelo joined.

We flew straight to London and we kept our eyes on the headquarters through the CCTV. The total of intruders were 10 people and I'm pretty sure they have military backgrounds judging by their skill.

Our new security team came and they already captured them instantly. No one could mess with our security teams, they're barbaric.

"How many people got shot?" Angelo asked as he kept his eyes on the screen looking at the situation.

"They said approximately 20 people got light injuries and 11 people got a really serious one." Chance answered and I sighed. I checked my lab and that's when I remembered about Leah.

I took out my phone and dialed her number.

I was waiting for her to pick up but no answer. I started to try to find her through the CCTV. I kept looking at the CCTV live one by one but where the hell is she? My adrenaline slowly rushing and my whole body was burning.

I kept trying to find her but I couldn't and it's making me frustrated.

"You okay?" Chance asked and I looked up to see the three of them already looking at me.

"Just.. finding some of my prototype guns to see if the-"

"Lame excuse." Angelo cut me and I was ready to smack him right in the face. I looked back to my screen to find Leah. Where the hell is she?!

"Imagine Phoenix here right now.. he would absolutely come and leave Lana." Chance mocked and Dean laughed.

"That's why we can't mix work and love." Dean said in a sarcastic tone. Our work is dangerous and that's why we couldn't mix it together. We're working with weapons, explosives and security related shit so of course we will always have danger surrounding us.

That's Dean tried to be friends with mafia leaders and some drug lords. We never know when we will be needing them.

As soon as we landed in London, there's already 4 cars ready for us to go straight to the headquarters. Dean drove away first with Chance tailing behind him. I got into the third car and drove away towards the headquarters fast.

My head kept worrying about Leah because she might not be alive as I arrive there. She's not answering her phone and I couldn't find her anywhere.

My car connected a call from Dean all of the sudden.

"Adrian, take the back entrance with Angelo. The team already secure the intruders but we still need to becareful when we're entering." Dean said.

"Roger that." Angelo answered.

"Meet you inside." I said as I sped up and made turn to go to the back entrance. We rarely used the back entrance because it's for emergency only. As soon as I got in from the back entrance, there's already guards ready to give us our guns and bulletproof vest.

I turned to Angelo and he walked towards the building first with some of the guards. They already got the intruders but just incase because you'll never know. I grabbed my machine gun and walked in to the building.

I walked down to my lab and the first thing I did was go straight to the lab where Leah usually work in because I want to make sure that she's okay.

"Leah." I called her name but no answer because she might be hiding in here. I walked out from the lab and walked into the main lab where the intruders were kept. I looked at our employees who were so scared of what just happened and scanned for Leah.

Where the hell is she?

I walked out from the main lab to look for her by calling her name as I opened every lab that I passed by.

"Adrian, what are you doing?" I turned to Angelo who raised his eyebrows confused. He gestured me to go to the main lab again. I nodded and Angelo walked in first.

As I was about to turn around, Leah got out from the room that was in the end of the hallway. Her eyes widen when she saw me and I was shocked to see her.

"Mr. Nielsen.." She walked towards me and I looked at her in horror.

"They're going to be dead in my hands." I whispered to myself.