Chapter 33 - Need a Plan

Lana Sterling

"I can't believe you just.. did that. You just let her leave, what's the point of Adrian sending us then? We should be helping him not letting her slip away." My husband clearly doesn't understand the situation.

It was pretty obvious to me that Leah was still not realizing her own feelings. She has not idea if she likes the guy or not. I was pretty confident that she needs a little push but we should we a little bit of time for that.

Not only Leah but also Adrian.

I don't even know if he likes Leah or he loves Leah. Even though he's asking us for help to prevent her from leaving, he's not making enough effort for her to stay.

I think this might be a good way for them to figure out their feelings. Judging by Adrian's story, Leah was still in shock. She was still in the process for healing physically and mentally.

I think her leaving London might be a good time for them to separate and figure out their own feelings. I bet Adrian was debating too whether he wants to leave ILLICIT or not for Leah. If Leah is just a girl who passed by, then it's clearly not worth it to leave ILLICIT but if he thinks she's more than that.. then he needs to fight Dean more.

I know Dean won't go easy on him especially after Phoenix left. He's taking everything to a whole new level.

"Lana." Phoenix popped my bubble of thoughts by holding my hand and I turned to him smiling.

"What's on your mind love?"

"Do you think Adrian is in love with her?" I asked curiously because I want to know from his perpective.

"Why would Dean put him under his supervision if he's not?" He said as he pulled me closer to him.

"But.. he might be afraid that Adrian is falling for her."

"Darling, if Dean knew that Adrian is only playing around with Leah, he won't be acting like this. He will let Adrian do whatever he wants. Take Chance and Aria for example, they've been like that for 5 years and Dean didn't do anything because he pretty much knows that Chance won't leave ILLICIT for Aria." He said confidently.

"I can't even believe that you could have that kind of relationship and not fall in love. It's impossible." I said and Phoenix shook his head.

"Chance will never leave ILLICIT, he will never. He and Dean will stay in ILLICIT forever. I think Angelo might stay with them too but not Adrian." I kissed his cheek and nodded.

"About Chance and Aria, I think he might leave ILLICIT for her." I said because there's no way in this world that they don't have feelings for each other. Having a relationship like friends with benefits for 5 years is pretty crazy and I bet one of them must be in love with the other person.

I will bet all of my money on Aria. She must be so in love with Chance. There's no way you won't catch feelings in thats setting.

"No, Chance won't leave ILLICIT. Aria must be the one who leaves him and move on." My husband said as he kissed the top of my head.

"So.. tell me your plan for Adrian and Leah. I bet you have something in mine." He said and I smirked.

Dean Alessandro

"Mr. Alessandro, Ms. Morris already left London this afternoon. We already checked her apartment and she left nothing behind except for some of her clothes that she will send back to America via mail." I nodded and gestured the head of my private investigator team to leave my office.

I was more than satisfied when Leah left the country. I'm only sparing her life because Adrian cares about it so much.

I walked into the gym and found Adrian and Chance currently boxing. Adrian was pretty serious this time and Chance was more on the playful side. I leaned my body to the wall and crossed my arms looking at them.

Adrian will win this time. He usually fights better when he's in anger. He's obviously angry with me for putting him under my supervision. He knew what was going on and he didn't say a word about it.

Maybe not yet but I have to put him on the right place before he leaves like Phoenix did. Phoenix was painful enough for me, I don't need to lose another.

Before I could finish watching their match, my assistant walked in and informed me that I have important work to do. I had to leave but I told my team to watch on Adrian while I'm away.

Adrian Nielsen

"You're fucked up, you know that?!" I gave Chance my last punch and our trainer separate us both before we kill each other.

"For what? Accidentally found that picture on Aria's phone? Either way, I would put you back to your place before you become an idiot like Phoenix!" Chance bursted angrily as he took off his boxing gloves. He took off his helmet and he looked at me coldly.

"Why does it matter?" I asked and Chance laughed at my statement.

"Do you hear yourself? Do you fucking hear yourself?! God, Dean should have killed her. She knows too much anyway." He hissed and I got off from the boxing ring. I took off my boxing gloves and threw it randomly to the ground. I walked out from the gym and went up to the rooftop.

I sat there and just looked at the view of the headquarters. ILLICIT is my everything, my life and where I grow in life. I know that it's hard for Chance and Dean to let people go.

They thought they will be okay when letting Phoenix go but they started to experiencing pain after that. They knew how much Phoenix means to them but they expect to be this painful so that's why they're more overprotective towards me now.

I bet they won't hesitate to kill Leah this time, if I make a wrong step.. I think Dean really won't hesitate to give signal to his trusted man to kill her.

I really need a plan.