THE TWO MEN (PROLOGUE)

HAPPY READING :) PLEASE VOTE ;)

_________________________________________________________________

IF YOU READING THIS BOOK ON ANY OTHER WEBSITE OR APP APART FROM WATTPAD, THEN SOMEBODY HAS COPIED/STOLEN MY WORK. KINDLY REPORT THAT PERSON AND READ MY WORK ONLY ON WATTPAD.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

The tall man with black hair wiped his bloodied hand on the back of his black jeans. His blue hoodie was stained with blood. The creepy smile on his face revealed how sinister his soul had become. His partner, as tall as him, raked his hands through his hair, which was artificially colored red while standing limply against the wall which had blood splattered on it at the bottom. 

"WHY.YOU.DID.THAT?!" The red-haired man asked in a whisper while gritting his yellow, dirty teeth as he punctuated each word furiously.

The creepy smile wasn't ready to leave the dry lips of the black-haired man as he spoke quietly but calmly, "It has to be done." 

"But she is alive. She ran away. Oh, God! We are totally screwed up because of your uncalculated moves," his partner replied exasperatingly.

"She is alive. For NOW. Not forever."

The former's eyes widened at the latter's words.

"Wha-what? You are going to kill her too?!"

"Do we have any other option? Well, I won't lie, even if we did have any other option, I still would have gone with this plan. Plan to kill Finiaroli Dixtril."

The red-haired man straightened up as he gulped down with horror, his clean-shaved face turning white, and whispered squeakily, "You are crazy. Psycho."

The black-haired man broke into a maniac, loud laughter, and his partner stared at him fearfully. Former abruptly stopped laughing and his face contoured like a clown who has gone insane. "Yes, I am," he said eccentrically.

The red-haired man's ears twitched as the dooming sound police car's siren faintly traveled to the deserted small house where the two men currently stood with blood all around them on the wooden floor.

Panic started rising like bile in the red-haired man's body as he almost yelled, "They are coming. Police!"

"Escape from the back door is the safest," the other man said as his creepy smile was finally substituted with a frown.

The two men stepped out on the cold winter night and shuddered lightly as the icy wind hit their hot faces. They quickly sprinted away from the house where the murder was committed. 

"I'm calling him. He'll give us a car," the black-haired man with a small black beard spoke to his red-haired partner.

"I don't trust him!"

"I wasn't asking for your opinion," the former spoke calmly as he kept running, and with that, the two men disappeared into the darkness of the winter night with police searching for them everywhere.

Six months after that murder incident, Finiaroli Dixtril, twenty-four years old, changed her home for the fifth time, and this time Sourovitas was the city where she shifted. The only thing that was difficult for her after changing the home was finding a suitable job to provide a comfortable life for Pearl, her five-year-old daughter.

Making new friends in a new city never bothered her because she never made one. And the core reason for her being friendless was her necessity to evade questions like  'Where's her father?' 'Are you a single mother?' 'Where did you live earlier?' 'Are you her biological mother?' 'Why you don't talk much?' 'Why you don't date?' 'Why do you keep changing cities?' 'Where is your family?'

"What do they expect me to say? Oh, I keep moving from one place to another because I am running away from something inexorable," Finiaroli muttered to herself annoyingly and mockingly as she dragged the small table around the corner of her small living room in her new rented house.

Pearl was sitting on the squashy sofa chair with her favorite soft toy- A Dinosaur, in her hands.

Glancing a look at her daughter eased Fin's annoyance a bit. She inhaled deeply while keeping her eyes on Pearl as if the little girl was giving some sort of energy to her mother to work faster, and mumbled to herself, "Come on, Finiaroli. For Pearl."

Saying this she started arranging the cheap furniture with double stamina while somewhere, far away, the two men mugged an old man in the deserted alley. The red-haired man eyed the cash they stole, and whispered, "Once we find Finiaroli, everything will be alright."

_____________________________________________________________

Don't forget to vote :P