Chapter 23- DREADING DESIRES

Fin was physically being pushed to her absolute threshold with all the football practice sessions plus her self-defense training sessions which were coordinated by Oli.  

Oli thought that it was high time for Fin to learn some tricks of self-defense.

Aric and Shayla were strictly warned by Fin to keep themselves away from the situation that was currently prevailing. They had already suffered the worst, already had gone through the dark days and Fin wasn't ready to push them towards jeopardy again.

"Okay. The most important rule, listen to this one carefully Dixtril, an attack should be the first basic instinct if you think you can overpower the enemy; defense should be the basic instinct in case of vice-versa," Oli spoke when Fin sat down to restore her breathing.

"If they are more in number, defend their moves and run. Defend and run. Keep that in mind. Your anger shouldn't overpower your thinking capability. There is nothing wrong or shameful to admit that you can't fight many people altogether. Acting out of the ego won't save you, but using your brain definitely will."

"Got it," Fin replied to Oli sincerely as she stood up, wrapping the hand wrap around her hands.

"You have to make sure that your mobile should be with you all the time. Remember, lose anything but not the mobile. That's the only way you can contact me or the police."

Fin nodded firmly as Oli said so.

"Now, today I'll teach you how to fight a guy who has a knife in his hand," Oli spoke as he flashed a fake knife.

"How do you know all this? I mean, yeah you do boxing in the gym and a bit of sparring, but how do you know how to tackle a person with a knife or gun?" Fin asked.

"I learned this all a week after we got rid of Wiana permanently. I realized that being strong and muscular isn't enough. Life is uncertain, you never know when the next trouble knocks at your door. So I decided to learn how to fight. I met Zart exactly five days after Wiana and Kalier were arrested for good. He is a god-tier fighter. He taught me," Oli spoke.

"Zart do give me that hitman vibes," Fin spoke and Oli chuckled. "And who's Kalier by the way?" She asked.

"Long story short, Kalier was a druggy and Aric's ex-girlfriend's brother," Oli spoke.

"He is a nice man, though. Zart. He told me Pearl is already his fan," Oli spoke in reply to Fin's hitman remark on Zart.

"Yeah, I know that. Pearl couldn't stop talking about him. Calls him Mr. Bodyguard. She even made a greeting card for him yesterday," Fin spoke while shaking her head merrily.

"She never gave me a greeting card," Oli spoke with a frown.

"Aww...are you jealous?" Fin asked with a tease.

"Obviously yes. I thought I'm her best friend from the academy."

Fin gave a short chuckle and spoke with soft eyes, "She loves you the most after me, obviously."

"Then that's fine," Oli spoke with a grin and turned around to remove his shirt.

Fin's eyes traveled to his muscular back and tough skin. He was wearing a dark maroon tank top and Fin felt herself drooling as he turned around and a large tattoo on his right chest came into view. She suddenly felt the room going hot.

Her change in expression didn't go unnoticed by Oli and before he knew it, he was taking big yet slow steps toward her.

Her breath became erratic as he stood in front of her. His tall height and broad chest made her look small even though she wasn't.