Chapter 20- OLI UNWRAPPED THE SECRET

HAPPY READING :) PLEASE VOTE :)

Oliandrin's head was buzzing with thousand dreadful thoughts and dangerous questions as he sprinted outside the break room of the match-organizing building. He didn't care a bit about the meeting anymore. He cared about nothing at that moment except for Fin, who was in trouble. He slammed the car door shut behind him as he hastily fastened his seat belt.    

Is she hurt? Is she scared? Is she sad? Such questions kept sprouting up in his head. He felt so uneasy that it was hard to describe. He kept rolling his shoulders, trying to emancipate the tension from his body. He was driving fast when suddenly a thought occurred to him and he promptly applied the brakes which made his body jerk a bit forward.

With no further delay, he pulled out his mobile and dialed Riverale's number.

"Hey, buddy," Riverale began teasingly, "Heard you gave a big talk to Trivil-"

"Listen carefully, River. I am texting you Fin's address. Immediately go to her house and bring Pearl to the academy. Bring Bugig too," Oli spoke briskly with a cold, authoritative tone.

River sensed the grimness in his voice and asked, "What is going on?"

"We don't have time!" Oli's exasperation came to the surface and he took in a deep breath while pinching the bridge of his nose. "Listen River, we don't have time. Just do what I say."

"You got it. Pearl will be here in fifteen minutes," River replied curtly and ended the call.

It took Finiaroli half an hour to come back to her senses and her brain finally started functioning. She was grateful to the boys for not bombarding her with questions. 

"I'm fine, Basil," she spoke with a sad smile and Basil stopped rubbing her back.

"Whenever you are ready," Gabrien spoke quietly and Fin cocked her head to the side, in confusion.

"We won't ask anything, Fin. You can talk to us whenever you are ready," Trivil elaborated as he studied the confusion on her face.

"I assure you we are good listeners," Basil gave her a soft smile as he said so.

"I know you are," Fin spoke faintly as tears threatened to fall again. "I need to call Bugig to make sure Pearl-"

"She is fine, and in safe hands," Trivil assured her.

"Oli already took care of her. She and Bugig are at the academy with him," Gabrien spoke.

Relief washed over Fin and she couldn't believe how caring and protective Oli proved himself to be. He was concerned for her daughter. He was concerned for the daughter of a girl who always disrespected and defied him, who always disliked him.

She was no more worried for Pearl. Trivil was right. Pearl was under the protection of the safest hands. It was the first time in her life that she was actually considering trusting someone to the utmost extent. In fact, she already started trusting someone. She was trusting her daughter with Oliandrin, the guy she swore never to like.

Life is so unpredictable. A month ago I detested him to my very core. And now...now I'm trusting him with the person whom I love the most. I just wish Oliandrin that you don't prove yourself to be like others...who backstabbed me and broke my belief in the term 'trust.'

Oliandrin was pacing the break room of his academy back and forth, not able to wait any longer to see Fin. Pearl was sitting on a bright red bean bag, eating kiwi.

"So, Gabrien didn't tell you what happened?" Bugig asked with a serious face.

"No. But his voice gave away the parameter of the situation. Trouble is at our door," Oli spoke as he stopped pacing and faced Bugig who was standing against the wall.