Chapter 29- THREE DEATHS

happy reading :) please vote :)  

TRIGGER WARNING - Murder scenes are described in this chapter. Don't read if you aren't comfortable.

_____________________________________________________

So? Aren't we going to talk about the way we kissed each other last night? 

"Good morning, Oliandrin," Fin spoke while flashing one of the softest smiles she had ever managed to display.

Okay. Maybe we aren't talking about the kiss, Oli thought as he mumbled a soft good morning to Fin who has just walked on the football ground and was now warming up for the practice session.

"You look quite....happy?" Oli spoke, biting his tongue over his uncertainty of using the happy word.

"You are asking me...orrr telling me?" Fin spoke with a cheeky grin.

"To be honest, not sure," Oli spoke and rubbed his neck which made Fin give a short chuckle.

"Of course, I am happy. the nightmare is finally over. Those two men - evil, obnoxious men - are behind bars. I can finally someday settle back to my hometown- Hykins," Fin spoke with a serene sigh and something saddening churned up inside Oli.

"So you are like....gonna go back and live in Hykins once the match is over?" Oli asked and he could feel something heavy pushing his heart down. Please say no. He knew he was being selfish. But he couldn't help it. Going a day without Fin being around sounded painful.

"I don't know. I miss Hykins. I was born and brought up there. So many cherishable memories are linked to that city. But, now, some very awful and unpleasant memories are linked to that place too," Fin said and a small frown appeared on her face.

Oli felt her heart sinking at the thought that she was scared to visit the place that was closest to her heart. He gently held her hands and spoke with tender eyes, "You know what. Once this football league is over and we win, I and others are coming to Hykins with you and we'll party for days. What say?"

How can someone be this supportive and understanding? He sensed my fear without me saying it, Fin thought, rendered mesmerized by the guy standing in front of her, holding her hands.

"You are being cocky by saying that we'll win," Fin spoke with a challenging smirk.

"How can we not win? We have Finiaroli Dixtril in our team, and not to mention, coached by the best player- Oliandrin Wiziann himself," Oli winked as he said so and Fin shook her head with a loud chuckle.

The practice session went hot. The sensual heat between Fin and Oli didn't go unnoticed by the rest of the team and Mieola. It was crystal clear by now that something was cooking between the Boss and the Equipper. The way they were deliberately making physical contact throughout the match made Mieola feel euphoric. She was happy for both her boss and her new friend.

"So? Did he ask you out? On a date?" Mieola asked excitedly over the stands while Fin was wiping her face. The practice session was over.

"Ssshhh," Fin leveled her with a shut-up look as she saw Oli looking in their direction.

"Tell me!"

"No, he hasn't. And keep your voice down please, will you," Fin spoke with a glare.

"Fineee," Mieola spoke while rolling her eyes. "At least you can tell me about other stuff. You know...that stuff..which was dangerous and is not anymore?" Mieola spoke gingerly with a hesitant smile.

Fin understood that she was talking about Basil being kidnapped by bad people who were after Fin. Mieola didn't know the whole story, and Fin decided to tell her. Thank you to Oliandrin that she started trusting people around her gradually.