Chapter 48- BACK HOME

HAPPY READING :) PLEASE VOTE :) 

"Zart told me that he talked to his friend...that drug dealer guy...and according to his knowledge some underworld don named The Boss ordered Johbin's murder. Johbin failed him so he finished him off..but luckily he has no interest in Pearl now or whatsoever because this case is already in the limelight after you posted that pic with me and Dixtril and after I proposed to Dixtril in front of everybody. They want no trouble...plus they are pissed at Johbin," Oli told Aric while making the bed.

"Did you tell all this to Fin?" Aric asked.

"Obviously. I told her she's now safe and Pearl can now live her life like a normal child," Oli said.

"So you guys going Hykins tomorrow? Don't you think Fin will get anxiety attacks after visiting the very same house where her parents and best friend were murdered," Aric asked carefully.

"She needs to do it, Aric. She needs to move on...and for that, she needs closure. Plus she wants to bring some of her stuff back from the house. Last time she didn't really get the opportunity," Oli said. He looked tired. 

"It would be good news if Fin would be able to step inside her house. It will help her to overcome the grief, I guess," Aric said.

"Yeahhh..." Oli replied after some time. "And yes, it's not just me and Fin who is going Hykins tomorrow. By evening we want all of you to be present there..at Fin's parents' house. For a nice, warm dinner."

"What?!" Aric's mouth fell open with bewilderment.

"Yes. Pass the word to the rest of the others," Oli said nonchalantly.

"You really think Fin would be able to stay at that house for twenty-four hours...and prepare dinner for us?" Aric asked incredulously.

"It was her idea..not mine.." Oli said with a smile. "She is trying to live again. She is trying to remember her parents with a smile...not with tears. She thinks it would give peace to her parents' soul, seeing her all happy and having one last dinner at her first home...with her true friends."

"I- I don't know what to say. I'm so proud of her. She's so strong," Aric said, thoroughly impressed.

"Yes. She is strong," Oli breathed out with a small and tender smile.

*

"Are you ready?"

"I am ready."

Fin answered Oli and together they opened the door to the home where Fin's parents died eight months ago.

As soon as she stepped inside, her eyes fell on the floor at the exact spot where Johbin stabbed her father repeatedly and mercilessly. She tightened her palm around Oli's and closed her eyes, trying to breathe in and out, just like her therapist taught her.

Reluctantly, she let her grip loosen and her hand slipped from Oli's warm hands. Oli watched her like a hawk as he stood on his spot while she moved further, her wide eyes taking in every single detail of the living room. She could see her mother getting shot, and her best friend screaming and begging for mercy. 

I can't do this, she spoke to herself.

Just when she was about to turn around and run away, her eyes fell on the TV set in the corner of the living room and something struck her mind. She quickly ran towards it with Oli following her curiously.

She pulled out a Pendrive from the lower rack and stared at it with teary eyes. She knew what it contained. It took her minutes to decide whether she should watch it or not. Her throat started hurting as an invisible lump of suppressed cry formed in there.