Chapter 9- THE MURDERERS

Happy Reading :) Please vote :)

The worst thing about the past is that it finds its way back to your doorstep and knocks loudly, shaking your home, and your soul. Opening the door is the only option. You can't run away from it forever. One day or another, you have to face it.  

Face it before it gets worse and deteriorates you.

Finaroli's past was doing the same. Frantically searching for her doorstep. For her.

Two men walked down the marble stairs and looked up at the blue sky as they got out of the airport. They hailed a cab which began driving them off to Doupedd Street. One of them with tanned skin and red-colored hair with a clean-shaved face, rubbed his chin in an anxious manner, although the other one looked quite pleased as he played with his short black beard. His hairs were black and short and his skin was pale as if he hadn't been in sunlight for years. 

"You look quite relaxed?" Yiliak, the red-headed man, asked skeptically.

"I am relaxed," Johbin, the bearded one, spoke serenely.

"And why so?"

"Because we reached the city we wanted to. Cincialin," the name of the city rolled off his tongue smoothly.

"Oh yeah right. One of the greatest milestones of ours...till date," Yiliak spoke sarcastically.

"Yes."

"What yes!" the cabbie glanced at the inside rearview mirror as the Yiliak yelled exasperatingly. Johbin smirked lightly while Yiliak's nose flared as he fisted his palms, trying to calm himself. He dropped his voice low as he spoke after inhaling a few sharp breaths, "Your calmness is fucking with my already fucked mind. They are after us. We have no single clue where Finiaroli is, and you are happy because we reached Cincialin?!"

"That's the first solid and successful step towards laying our hands on Finiaroli," Johbin spoke calmly.

"We are running out of cash," Yiliak spoke gratingly.

"We are blessed with the art of mugging. I don't see why you worry so much," Johbin spoke in a mellow tone.  

Yiliak pinched the bridge of his nose angrily, trying his best not to murder Johbin. "You---" he roared in a whisper as he harshly poked his middle finger in Johbin's chest, "---fucked up so bad. You killed them. And now I'm stuck in this shit hell because of you, and because of that shitty night-"

Yiliak didn't get to complete his words as Johbin held a fistful of his collar and bared his yellowish teeth at him furiously. His calm demeanor vanished and he spoke menacingly in a whisper as the cab took a sharp right turn, "You listen here, asshole, I saved your fucking ass that night. Your soul would be lurking in hell by now if it wasn't for me. We lost the money because of you. Finiaroli is still alive because of you. So just shut up and let me turn the cards in our favor else I'll kill you too." Johbin jerked Yiliak away rashly and glared at him coldly.

Yiliak's wish to retort back couldn't be  granted as the cabbie spoke, "Gentlemen, Doupedd Street."

Doupedd Street was the least liked in the city of Cincialin. It was away from the main city and was underdeveloped. It was scarce of shops. That is why no one preferred to live there.

Johbin and Yiliak, both tall and almost of the same height, took long strides toward the last house on the last street. The house was small and old. The fungus was spreading at the bottom of the white walls of the house. The small lawn at the front wasn't mowed and small plants were turning brown and were almost dead. The owner was clearly too ignorant to water them.