Chapter 26(B)- RESCUE MISSION

This chapter ....*grinning* 

HAPPY READING :) PLEASE VOTE :)

Oli's heart was jumping mad with anticipation as the tall figure took slow torturous steps in the open. Nature was in Oli's favor as the full moon shone brightly in the sky, illuminating the barren land.  

Fin's lungs inflated as she took a very long and deep breath and held it there as the merciless killer came into her view. A disgusting smile was plastered on his rough face as he bored his evil eyes into Fin's fearful ones. 

Your job will be to keep them talking with you. Make them keep their eyes only on you and nowhere else.

Oli's voice rang in her ears and she caged her fear somewhere far back in her head as she spoke rigidly, "Where is Basil?"

"Where is Pearl?" Johbin shot back serenly.

"I am right in front of you, alone. Half part of the deal is done, Johbin. Now bring Basil first. Only then I'll bring Pearl," Fin spoke, trying to keep her tone flat. She didn't want him to show that she was scared, for Johbin used to feed on his victim's fear. He used to love and enjoy it when people showed fearfulness.

Half of the battle is already won by your enemy if you show weakness and fear. They dwell on it. So be strong, and show them that you are far more gallant than they think. Zart's words ringed in her ears which he said to her while loading the bullets in the gun back at the academy. Those words acted like fuel that pumped up her anger. Anger that was being stored inside her since the night when Johbin killed three people in front of her eyes remorselessly.

"I just want to shoot him so badly," Oli whispered as his lips curled up in pure disgust and fury.

"Fair bargain, Finiaroli," Johbin spoke with a wicked grin and clapped twice. From the second hut emerged two men, with guns, dragging Basil with them. Those men were Yiliak and Rybul. Basil's eyes were open but his head was throbbing with a headache and he felt dizzy because he was drugged. He couldn't walk by himself so Yiliak and Rybul were supporting him or more like dragging him.

Trivil and Gabrien's noses flared in anger at the sight of Basil being under the mercy of Johbin and his men. He looked physically unharmed which was a big relief for everyone.

"Now give me Pearl, take a bullet in your head like a good girl and your friend shall walk out of here alive," Johbin spoke with a sick smile as he pointed his gun at Fin which made Oli grit his teeth.

River and Gabrien were behind Fin, ready to pounce out at any moment now as they tightened their grip on the gun. They could hear the thumping of their hearts in their ears as adrenaline surged through their veins.

"You are pathetic, Johbin. Disgusting piece of shit and nothing more," Fin roared, trying to keep Johbin's eyes on herself.

"Stalling won't prevent your killing, darling. Give me Pearl," Johbin sneered.

Zart gave a hard and cold nod to Oli and Trivil, and as if a wild wolf has been unleashed, Oli swiftly jumped up to his feet and they crept their way towards Yiliak and Rybul. Zart took silent and cautious steps toward Johbin.

While Fin kept spitting bitter words at Johbin; Oli and Trivil snaked their muscular arm around Yiliak and Rybul's throat and Basil fell down in the process.

"WHAT THE-" Yiliak yelled which made Johbin turn around.

"FREEZE OR YOU DIE!" Zart bellowed as he pointed his gun at Johbin who was strangely looking quite relaxed.

Gabrien and River quickly ran towards Fin, shielding her body, and stretched their hands out, pointing the gun at the back of Johbin. 

"Enough with your shit, you jackass-" Oli stopped mid-sentence as he felt a cold metal being pressed hard against the back of his head. He snapped his eyes shut in exasperation as he realized that somebody was holding a gun against his head.