Chapter 30- CAUGHT RED-HANDED

Yes, double update! Sometimes my writing mojo grants me a favor. 

happy reading :) please vote :) 
______________________________________

The ride back to the academy was awfully silent. Oliandrin had a clear guess that Fin's past was messed up but what he never speculated was the murder of her family- of her parents. His head was buzzing with loads of questions and a great amount of fury. He was curious and sad. He didn't know which feeling to hold on to. 

It was already noon time and Zart left to pick up Pearl from her school. Johbin was still at the hospital so they were taking precautions.

When River tried to joke around with Oliandrin at his office and in return he got nothing but a tiresome 'I'm busy' reply, he understood something was wrong and decided to leave Oliandrin alone for a while.

Zart dropped Pearl at her home where Fin was waiting for her. Pearl told her mother about her day and what new things she learned which cheered up Fin a bit. At exactly three o'clock her doorbell rang and she didn't know how but she knew that it was Oliandrin standing at the other side of the door and she was absolutely right as she ushered him inside with a small smile on her lips.

"You want water?"

"Nah. No water," Oli said, waving his hand in a no.

"Shouldn't you be at the academy? You must be having work-"

"I'm sorry," Oli blurted out suddenly, leaving Fin's words hanging.

"I don't understand. Why are you sorry?" Fin asked with confusion.

He sighed once, twice, before sitting beside her and spoke, "For being disoriented regarding my emotions...feelings. I left the detective's office without you because I couldn't take it. I would have broken every single thing inside that stupid office if I hadn't left. And I wanted anything but that to be seen by you....especially when you were mourning for your loss. I walked away for your sake. For my sake," Oli spoke and it seemed like his body was drained of energy.

Fin could sense that he was holding something back. Without any delay, she gently started rubbing his back and asked gingerly, "What's bothering you? Tell me otherwise it will eat you."

"I regret my decision of calling the police on the night of Basil's abduction," Oli spoke at once, his jaw tightening up in wrath. "I shouldn't have called the police. I should have beaten them until they were pleading and begging you to make me stop."

His nose flared as he remembered Johbin and Yiliak's faces and then Fin's voice echoed in his furious brain- My left hand was already broken by the hockey stick with which Yiliak attacked me.

"So that was a panic attack? Wasn't it?" Oli asked grimly while trying his best not to run back to his car and drive away to the prison and beat the life out of Yiliak- the man who hit Fin with a hockey stick.

Fin's eyes furrowed in puzzlement, "What do you mean?"

"The day you came to the football ground and told me that you wanted to participate. The day you got selected for the team. I and Mieola noticed how you went stiff and zoned out after seeing those hockey sticks. They triggered the memories, right?"

Fin recalled that day when she was on the verge of succumbing to a panic attack but Meiola and Oli distracted her by firing questions at her. She still remembered Oli's words from that day.

Is something bothering you? You can tell us. We will help you Fin- Oli said, and her reply was- Nothing. The heat got me. It's too hot.

"Yes," Fin spoke with a dejected frown. "But I'm glad that you were there for me...since the beginning...even when we weren't on good terms."