Chapter 33- FRIEND TURNED FOE

happy reading :) please vote :)

________________________________________________________________

"What the hell ya talkin' 'bout Dedrok," Johbin yelled as he abruptly stood up, making the chair fall in the process. He winced as he walked toward his friend who was accusing him of breaking the pact.  

"You know what the hell am talking about," Dedrok thundered.

"It's Yiliak who broke the pact, who made kills...NOT ME!" Johbin bellowed, trying to mask the surfacing panic.

Dedrok guffawed mockingly before speaking, "You can't fool me. Not anymore. You used me, tricked me, and worst- Betrayed me."

"Never imagined that out of all the people you, Dedrok Rustint, would doubt me. You are no different than my other so-called friends," Johbin spat venomously.

"I've got proof on you. I know it's you and not Yiliak. All this time I have been cursing him but guess what? My own friend turned out to be a weasel," Dedrok spoke fluidly but his face looked wrathful.

Proof? He got proof? The fuck?!  If he is saying he got proof that means he really got proof. I am busted? Well...then he left me no option but to kill him too, Johbin spoke to himself.

"This is the last time I am telling you this, I didn't break the pact. And what proof you are talking about, huh?" Johbin spoke, giving one last attempt to try and fool Dedrok. And if his attempt fails, then he'll shoot him with the gun which he stole from Dedrok's jacket while he was busy frying the rice for dinner.

Dedrok scoffed and spoke, "You are in no position to ask about proof now. You have better things to worry about. I would turn you up to the police for betraying us, breaking the code of not killing innocent...and last but not the least..for using your friend who always held your back."

Johbin's fingers itched to pull out the gun.

Dedrok's jaw twitched with anticipation. Dedrok knew that if Johbin really is the pact-breaker then he'll run for his life..and if he's not, he'll try to prove himself innocent in front of his friend. Johbin would never take such big blame for breaking the pact if he hadn't. No one would take such grievous blame. No one.

This was the only way Dedrok was left with, to try and find out the real truth. Johbin wasn't a patient man and he was, under no circumstances, going to hear someone blame him for something he hadn't done. 

Dedrok was waiting for him to either run or plead, but none of that happened. The click of the safety going off from the gun made Dedrok's handsome face twisted in shock and devastation.

So Yiliak was right. He did betray me. 

"Since now you know, I'm left with no option but to end your pathetic life," Johbin spoke darkly with a malicious grin as he aimed the gun at him.

"I can't believe this," Dedrok breathed out, his eyes wide.

Johbin's eyes furrowed and he opened his mouth to ask but then it struck him. Dedrok was testing him. He was tricking him to know the actual truth. Shit! How can I be so stupid?

"You were my friend! Dedrok shouted, clearly hurt and infuriated. "We always had been together. I almost started considering you as my brother-"

"You know that's your core problem. You are too soft for being a gang member. You always had been soft, sensitive, and stupid," Johbin spat the hurtful words and Dedrok's eyes turned cold. "I don't know what were you thinking when you gave up your dream of becoming a cover boy and joined local goons. Oh ah! I remember now. Your poor financial condition and your father being falsely accused of a murder blah blah blah.."