Trapped

About half an hour ago, I had estimated that I only had five more kilometers to walk. And right when I made my estimation, the rain decided to pick up. For the last few miles or so, before I had though that thought, it had been a light drizzle. All it had done was gently seep in the insulating layer of my striped fur, giving me a well needed shower. Seriously... I stunk.

But now... Hmph. Let's just say that I would take protection from Zeus if it meant getting out of this storm. The rain fell down and hit me with with sharp, shooting splashes that was giving me a headache. My fur was now drenched and it was sticking to my sides. When I craned my neck, I noticed that it was so packed down that I could see my bones - all of them. And I'm rather fat so seeing my bones isn't something that happens everyday.

I had been desperately looking for a safe haven; anything to get me out of this storm. But here in Alberta, you should know that the majority of the land is as flat and barren as the outside of an ant hill. I had passed a few skimpy trees, but they were so tiny and brittle I hadn't bothered to stop to. So, once again, I came up with a "geniuse" plan: I pressed on instead of turning back.

Let's just say I was really regretting that decision.

But then again, what decision don't I regret?

I mean, I regret practically everything that I've done over this past week.

I regret drinking that juice.

I regret getting in the fight with my mom.

I regret being with Ally that day and starting the competition.

I regret ALL of our plans.

I regret knocking Rice out.

I regret not saying "I love you" to my mom one last time.

I regret not making a better situation of being a cat.

I regret feeding Dexter tuna.

I regret not talking to Kyle when I had the chances as a human.

I regret not living on the edge a little bit longer.

I regret not spending more time with my dad.

I regret every selfish thing I have ever thought and done.

So in other words, I'm practically regretting my life.

Maybe I should just kill myself. There's no guarantee that we'll transform back into humans and it's not worth getting targeted by dogs or the mafia any time soon. Besides, Zeus or the gang could kill me slowly, painfully, or even torture me for no good reason.

It wouldn't be that hard to end my life, would it?

OH MY GOSH, WHAT AM I THINKING? I HAVE NEVER BEEN SUICIDAL BEFORE. AND NOW I'M A SUICIDAL... CAT!

What. Has. My. Life. Become?

I can't believe I just thought that. Seriously... Killing myself? I am not that type of person. I mean, hey, if you're really unhappy with you're life, you can do what you want, but I have no realistic reason to murder myself. How stupid am I?

Wait... Don't answer that.

Besides, I still have a hope and a future and dreams. I have a best friend that needs my help and a guy who's son needs saving. I need to make the best of my life and get out there and do something!

Luckily, my strange, but effective pep-talk cheered me up a little and I forgot about the pelting rain. I continued to walk on and I proudly chose to ignore my chattering bones.