Another Plan

I watched my feet get raised from the ground before I was flung threw the air. Luckily, I landed on the soft vehicle interior of Charlie's car. I hissed at him but managed to get a fur ball lodged in my throat so it probably sounded a lot more like a constipated death wish.

Ally bounded in next. I guess she didn't want to get picked up and thrown in.

I didn't blame her.

He slammed our door shut and opened the driver's one. Then he started the engine and we were soon cruising down the highway.

Alright, I know this is a strange thing to get side-tract about, but have you ever seen those doggy seat belts in the pet store or Wal-Mart? Ok, even if you haven't, that's fine. Basically they are a legit seatbelt for your dog. Now, I was always a person to make fun of those. But now, as I got tossed around with every single turn and stop, I realized it wasn't such a bad idea.

"You could at least have some curtosey to your four legged friends back here," I tried to hiss at Charlie.

All he did was chuckle at my pathetic attempt to talk.

Finally, after what seemed like ages of bumping into the windows and car doors, we came to a halt in front of a fair-sized home in the middle of town.

Wow, I never realised how far the hospital was from Seven Persons.

And yes, you did hear me correctly. I lived in a town called Seven Persons. But despite the name, there were almost 2000 people living in this rural part of Alberta.

"Should we make a break for it when he lets us out?" I asked Ally.

She stood up on the seat and looked at me, her doggy eyes sparkling. "We could, but I want those answers. He knows us so he must know how to get us back to people. We 'gotta stick with him for now. If any funny business starts to happen, then we'll run. Or do something else. Now's not the time to make a plan."

"How's your conspiracy going back there?" Charlie asked from the front seat.

Nikki growled.

"Oh hush up, Ally, or Nikki. Or whatever you want to be called. You guys just need to come with me now, 'kay?"

"Ally," I told her. "You're right. It's now or never so let's just do this."

Charlie opened the door, "My ladies, you can go inside now. There's a dog door you can use or if you want to run away, I'll use this Taser. Choice is yours. I suggest the first one.

Was he serious? Oh. That was a Taser hanging from his belt. Why didn't I notice that before? He must've pulled it out now. Or maybe I am delusional. Ugh! I was going to go insane! For Pete's sake, I was being cat-napped, threatened, and could possibly be murdered.

I hopped out and tried to swipe at his leg, but the stupid idiot had already predicted that. He jumped away like a dojo master and laughed at me.

"Sorry Rachel, maybe next time."

I left him with a throaty hiss and this time it didn't sound like I was constipated.

Nikki trotted beside me and walked up to the door where a tidy dog flap was blowing with the breeze. It was a beautiful day for spring and I would have loved to do something fun with Ally if it hadn't been for the fact that I was being held hostage by a massage therapist for dogs.

I followed her inside and glanced around.

Like the outside, it was all very spacious and neat. It was color-coordinated nicely with posh furniture and a homey smell. From the entrance, you could circle into the living room, dining room, or the kitchen. That's how open concept it was. A staircase led upstairs or down where I assumed there would be some bedrooms, offices, washrooms, and stuff like that.

After a few moments of looking around silently, the door burst open and Charlie entered in all his glory.

Joy.

Whoops. Did you catch the sarcasm? I actually meant to say kill me now.

"Well ladies, I'm sorry for acting so gruff on you before, but I have some explaining to do if you want to go back to how you were before."

Umm, was he apologizing?

"Listen, I could be in a lot of trouble and you might be as well. So if you will please come with me, I suggest you get comfy because we'll be having a really long talk. And then we need to figure out a plan."

Great. Just what we needed: Another plan. Let's just hope this one goes accordingly.