FUNNY STORIES

Chapter: Funny Stories

AUTHORS NOTE:

This isn't a chapter, but more so a thorough explaining of the main character in this book, Dexter and some funny stories about our life with him. Overall, if you like to laugh or if you like cats, you'll like is update.

Now, I think I may have mentioned that Dexter is played by my cat, Journey, who share the same background although all other events are fiction.

My dad found Journey when he was coming back from feeding the cows one day. It wasn't that late, only 6:30 but in the winter, it gets dark at 5 here in Alberta. He parked our Massey tractor beside they tall stack of hay bales that I always loved to climb when I was smaller. That was when he saw this little ball curled up in beneath the bales. Now, don't ask me how he saw this. I mean, my dad doesn't always pay attention to detail, but when it comes to animals, he's different.

Anyhow, he walked over to the bale and went to look at is "thing." And that's when he found Journey.

FUNNY SIDE STORY:

I was probably about six, but it was winter and I had some of my friends over. We were wandering outside in the snow when we decided to play on some hay bales. We crept behind them when I saw this HUGE stray tomcat that was laying frozen on the ground, dead, (although we didn't realize that.)

So, being the animal loving person that I am, me and my friends got my little play wheelbarrow and scooped up this cat and brought him back to the house so our parents could make him feel better. Now, you could just imagine the look on our parents faces when we opened the door and heaved this dead cat with straw stuck to. We had emptied it out on the front entrance rug in my moms perfectly clean house asking if we "could fix it."

I was so heartbroken when I heard that this big black cat was dead and I couldn't make it feel better.

Ever since that day, I've made it my personal goal to help every single animal that I can. My dream is to run an equestrian centre with and an animal shelter so I can continue to peruse my goals.

END SIDE STORY.

Anyways, back to Journey. My dad brought him home about three years ago and he's been with us ever since. He's my favorite kitty!

Well, I also think I mentioned that he lost part of his tail and one ear. That's true. When he found him, part of his ear was already ripped from the cold but we didn't know his tail would fall off, too. Now, unfortunately, once a limb is frozen, there isn't really anything you can do to make it 'unfrozen' and when my dad brought him home, it was to late to help him.

So over the course of a couple months, we would notice the difference as it slowly started to fall off. Luckily, because it was already frozen, this wasn't a painful process otherwise he would have been to the vet by now...

So back to his tail... One day, me, my sister, and my dad were checking cows and my dad was holding Journey since he always followed us and my dad didn't want him to get trampled. His tail was just hanging on my a thread and my dad thought it would be funny to play a joke on us. He had accidentally got Journey's tail caught in between his arm and when journey moved, the stump of the tail fell off. So, being the witty father that he is, at the top of his lungs, my dad yelled "HOLY, CRAP HIS PAW FELL OFF!" He was holding the stump of his tail above his head and it looked like a legit paw, too. Me and my sister got freaked out so bad! My dad couldn't stop laughing for about five minutes!

Sorry that this isn't a chapter, but I wanted to give you a bit more info about journey and make you laugh, too.

I love my kitty so, so much, that hey, I'm practically writing a book about him. I told him that once and he just looked at me. (Typical cat). Anyways, thanks so much for all of your votes, comments and reads! They keep me writing and when I'm writing, I'm HAPPY!!!!!!!!!! Just like now!

Anyways, tata for now, and hope you enjoy my next chapter.

I WILL BE UPDATING THE NEXT TWO DAYS IN A ROW!

My goal for this book is 500 reads and with your help, I can accomplish that!