Geniouse - Note The Spelling Error

I gobbled the rest of the food in the dish as fast as I could without choking myself to death and scampered by Mrs. Thompson to get to the door when two large feet blocked my way.

"Hey Dext, I see your moms been feeding you tuna again," a husky voice said, chuckling as he picked me up. I watched my feet get further and further from the ground as I twisted in hope to see who had taken me into captivity.

I was pulled towards someone's chest and then at that moment, I smelt the overbearing scent of aftershave. Very amazing and manly aftershave, might I add.

Oh my gosh, I need to get some of that! Who cares if I'm a girl.

It was at that moment that I had just realized who had picked me up.

Kyle.

If I was writing this in a notebook, his name would have a million sloppy hearts around it with our ship name in them:

Kychel. Or maybe Rayle. Ugh, both of those sound pretty bad. Never mind, I would just write R + K. Or K + R. Does it matter which one comes first? I don't think so.

I twisted around so he was now carrying me upright; with my stomach towards the sky. I now had the perfect view of his face as he scratched me ear.

Insert dreamy sigh.

Oh gosh. If heaven is better than life, kill me now 'cause I don't think this can get any better.

Oh wait. It would be a million times better if I was a human.

He scratched my chin and I let out a content purr, closing my eyes as sleep overwhelmed me.

I was barely awake when I felt being rocked back and forth. My eyes flew open in alarm and I sprang around. The floor was fishing below me as Kyle started towards the stairs; his grip on me firm.

Oh my gosh! Where is he taking me? What if he's going to murder me or skin me alive or stick me in a bag and drown me? No! I cannot die! I need to transform back into a human and do human more stuff before I die. I don't have enough life experiences. I gotta do something exciting with my life before I'm killed. I will not be mauled!

I sprang up but his grip tightened on me.

"Easy, Kitty cat."

No! Kitty was what Zeus had called me when he was trying to kill me. "Kitty" was not a good nickname for me! What if Kyle can talk to animals and he and Zeus are plotting something against me? This is bad, very, very bad!

I slammed my claws into his arm without thinking and forced them as far in his flesh as I could.

He sprang back in pain, yelling and flung me off. I hit the wall with such a force that I was sure I left a dent. I crumpled to the ground, my body unresponsive as I felt the wind get knocked out of me.

It was the worst feeling ever. My lungs gasped for air as I tried to remember how to breath. My body ached and it felt as if I was on fire. My paws shook and the half of my tail that I did have trembled with uneasiness. I tried to move but I couldn't find the energy. My short breaths came out in rasps that sent surging pulses through my throat as I chocked on the oxygen that tried to get through my lungs.

"Oh my gosh!" Kyle ran over and knelt by me, "Dexter, are you OK?"

Does it look like I'm ok, idiot? I thought sarcastically.

"Mom! Come here. Dexter's dying!" He called down the stairs.

I'm dying? Oh my gosh... I'm DYING! Maybe I jinxed myself. What if I actually die?

I heard his mom come up the stairs with swift steps and she soon was kneeling beside me, too.

"Dexter, Kitty, you'll be fine. I'm going to help you. Kyle get your asthmas inhaler."

Dexter has asthma?

Kyle scurried into a near door which must've been his room and reappeared with a little bottle the size of a film cartridge - yes, the 'younger generation' does actually know what film cartridges are - and handed it to his mom.

"Here. Careful, though, too much could kill him."

Great, just when I thought I was going to be murdered, I got the air knocked out of me which almost killed me and the way that they're trying to save me could also kill me.

Before I could even think about reacting, the 'film cartridge' was shoved into my face and I heard the silent push of the cap. A gush of compressed air heaved out and surrounded me like a blanket of goodness. The icy chill enhanced my throat and beckoned my lungs to follow its command. I felt the life regenerate inside of me as if I was being lifted up on a graceful cloud. My insides opened up as if Moses was parting the Red Sea to let the air flow inside of me. My tiny nose cleared and the airway seemed to develop feelings of pure happiness as if they were rejoicing with every new breath that brought me back to life. My heart slowed down and continued to thump a steady, ricocheting rhythm.

I was alive.

"Is he dead?"

No, you idiot. I wouldn't go in that much depth describing the feeling of life if I was dead. I rolled my eyes at Kyle. Yes, cats CAN roll their eyes and I made sure he saw me do that. For I am not dead.

My moment of happiness and pure annoyance was cut short though. Thanks to my 20/20 vision, I could see a blue glowing clock inside the closest room. The time read 4:51 a.m. Yes, the Thompson's were actually up at 4 in the morning. I guess I wasn't the only crazy person, or cat... Whatever I am. Anyhow, I supposed that Mrs. Thompson was up to clean. Her parents, so Kyle's grandparents, came every Monday at 5:30 sharp for breakfast. They were the posh type of 'old people;' they always thought everything had to be absolutely immaculate. And yes, I once witnessed a very unhappy argument between the two generations of Mrs. Thompson's. Let's just say she had even more to clean up after they left. And I had been hoping for some of the leftovers.

Anyways, once I saw the clock I realized that I only had nineteen minutes to meet Charlie and Nikki when it took me at least thirty five minutes to reach the spot.

Wow, how long was I out for?

I got up, ignoring there surprised faces, and fled through the small doggy door and out to the road. I could just imagine that clock staring back at me, counting the seconds until their plan would be revealed to me and I would know how to get back into a cat. I took one look at the path ahead of me and ran. I would've tried to hitch hike, but I didn't have opposable thumbs to hold up.

And so, I did the stupidest thing I could:

As the 'geniuse' I was, I ran without a plan.

____________________________
________________

Thanks so much for all of your reads and votes! Don't be a silent reader! I love to hear your comments. Pall of your support means the world to me!