Not the Only One?

See the above image and meet Terese Pagh. She is the girl playing Ally Vircati.

Please vote and comment. Thanks so much for all of your reads!

I stared at the screen, my eyes slowly fixating likes wheels on a never ending circuit. I couldn't comprehend what I just read. I could read it, but understand it, no. What did she mean? A million thoughts swarmed in my mind but I dared not ask her one. This wasn't happening, I thought. This is soooo not happening.

I looked back down again and pressed my paw on the home button. The messages screen disappeared but I was still breathing heavily. The air from my lungs escaped in raspy breaths that I was unable to control.

Does Dexter have asthma?

No stupid, it's you. Just slow down, maybe that was a harmless joke or a prank text. You know how much her boyfriend likes to mess with you. Just breath in and out and in and out and in an-

WHAT THE FRICK DOES SHE MEAN THAT SHES A DOG?

This was so not happening. If I'm a cat, and she turned into a dog, how is this all happening? Wait a second, she's in Mexico and I'm supposed to be in Maui. Maybe this is some sort of vacation curse that happens to the odd traveler. Maybe I did make a wish on a shooting star. Or maybe B.O.B's song "airplanes" about making wishes on planes in the night sky is actually reality. Maybe UFO's are legit just like my aunt Jazyemen predicted. Maybe. Maybe. Maybe.

I'll never know. I will never, ever know. Unless...

No. I couldn't go to Mexico. I was a cat for petes sake! What if... No.

Maybe... No.

No. Nope. Nada. Zilch.

I eventually ran out of words describing no so I went back to looking at my iPad. The screen had fallen asleep and I was hesitant in pressing the home button. Finally, I mustered enough courage to do so and closing my eyes, I felt the little tab sink in and then pop back up as I supported the weight of my body on that one area. The screen flashed on, revealing a happy looking picture of me and Ally.

I was on her back in a lopsided piggy back style since she was so much shorter than me. She had tried to take the selfie without falling over and the result turned out to be a really cute shot, actually. The sun was setting in the background creating streaks of purple and pink across the sky that silhouetted off her blonde hair and my sparkly t-shirt. We were in front of a tree that was silhouetted black because of the angle the picture was taken at. My long brown hair was in wispy strands over my face and eyes and you could see the happiness radiating off of us. It was one of those feel good moments that you wished never had to end.

But of course, it did and now here I am, as a CAT! And my best friend might possibly be a DOG. THIS WAS NOT HAPPENING AT ALL.

I gathered up enough courage to swipe my paw over the lock screen and my apps slowly appeared before my eyes. Now for the fun part. I hovered above iMessages, not sure if I had enough guts to reread everything she had just told me. Finally, when my screen went dim, I tapped it and mustered up enough strength to click on my messages.

I NEED HELP NOW!!!!!!!!!

I JAVE TO TELL U SOMEHIG!

TEX ME BAC

K IMMA GONA SY IT

U NT GONNA VELIVE ME

I MGHT VE UM..

A DG.

DIG

DOG

DOG