chapter 5 ~ she's a druggie

"Ian could you please focus. I don't wanna fall of the ladder" I snapped, looking down at my twin. It was late and we were both exhausted, but these shelves weren't going to stock themselves.

And I damn well know Kash wasn't going to be any help.

"Hey Cassie, Iaaaaaan" A voice called. I turned around, almost falling off the ladder as Mandy came walking into the store. "I need to talk to you" She ordered, getting all serious. I handed my brother the box I was holding before leading her out of the store.

If Ian wasn't aware the two of us were friends before, he was now.

"What's so important it couldn't wait until morning?" I laughed, leaning up against the wall. She looked around like she was looking for someone before a flat hand came across my face. "Ow! What the fuck Mandy!" I screamed.

"What the hell'd you do to Mickey?" She asked angrily. I started at her cautiously, having no idea what she was talking about. "He's been going off about killing Frank" She whispered.

I knew our families hated each other but why the hell would he want to kill my dad?

"Okay, and what's this have to do with me?"  I asked. She stared at me like I was dumb but I actually had no idea. I mean the last interaction we had was when we were looking for Frank, and the two of us despised each other.

"He was going off about he hates guys who hit woman....and with that bruise on your face" She trailed off. I shook my head in disbelief, even if that was true, why would he care?

"Frank never hit me" I lied. "And I have no idea what's up with your brother" I muttered as I turned back to the store.

"Cass!" She called as I turned to face her. 'I'm walking you're stupid ass home" She smiled before the two of us broke out into fits of laughter. I waved her goodbye before walking back into the building.

Both Ian and Kash were staring at me strangely but I decided to brush them off. I made my way back to the boxes, Mandy's words trailing through my head. She must of heard her brother wrong, maybe there was another reason he had beef with Frank.

"Since when are you and Mandy friends?" Ian asked, handing me a box of cereal. I shrugged my shoulders not in the mood to give him the low down.

"Since when do you sleep with older guys?" I muttered, sending daggers over to Kash. He knew I hated him but he also knew I would never tell Linda about them. Even though it was severely illegal, he made my brother happy....i guess. "I'm clocking out" I sighed as I made my way into the back room.

If figured Ian would stay late with Kash doing we know what, so I was really hoping Mandy was serious about walking me home. 

Don't get me wrong, I could fend for myself. But it was also really late and she could be scary when she wanted to be.

I made my way out to the back alley where I found the girl laying in our supply truck.

"You were actually serious?" I joked, linking our arms together.

"Now what kind of best friend would I be if I let you walk home alone" She laughed. A smile formed on my face at that word. "Best friend" I thought to myself