Chapter 112

Once Callie and Betty gathered a team for the quiz show, they got to practice hard. The team consisted of Toni, Cheryl, Betty, and Veronica, with Callie as their coach. She even had Sweet Pea quiz herself just in case something came up. They were now at Pops, Callie was behind the counter and Sweet Pea read her questions.

"When was Shakespear born?" Sweet Pea asked. 

"April 1564," Callie answered as she wiped down the wiped the counter. Sweet Pea frowned. "Did I get it wrong?"

"You got all of them right," Sweet Pea stated.

"So what's wrong?" Callie asked.

"The deal was with everyone you got wrong you have to kiss me," Sweet Pea reminded her. "I haven't been kissed."

"Then give me a harder question," Callie encouraged, Sweet Pea pouted. Callie leaned over, whispered something in his ear, his eyes lit up.

*****

After a long day at school, Callie got stuck doing a night shift at La Bonne Nuit, she was the one to lock of the night. Callie was leaning over the counter going over flashcards as she sipped her drink.

"As I recall I revoked liquor license," a voice stated, Callie looked up to see Mr. Lodge. 

"You banned liquor, not 7 up and cherry juice," Callie stated as she looked behind him. "I locked the doors."

"Where's my daughter?" Mr. Lodge asked.

"She is with Cheryl," Callie answered. "Can you please go, I have work to do."

"Ms. Andrews," Mr. Lodge began. " I hear you are taking a business route as well,"

"A legal one unlike you," Callie said.

"Everything I do is legal," Mr. Lodge stated. Callie shook her head. "It's--"

"If you are going to be a nuisance make yourself useful," Callie ordered. 

"I'll make my way out," Mr. Lodge stated. "Whatever is on those cards isn't going to save this place."

"No, but it will give Stonewall a royal-ass kicking," Callie stated as Mr. Lodge left.

*****
The day came, Riverdale was taking on Seaside.

"Welcome back to the Regional RIVW Quiz Show's Semi-finals," the man began. "Seaside High trails Riverdale 210 to 240, and now for the final round. Which Venetian island has been famous for glassmaking since the 13th century?" Veronica hit the buzzer.

"Murano," Veronica answered. 

"Correct," the host confirmed.

"Never go in August," Veronica advised. "So many mosquitoes." 

"What is the length of the diagonal if the side of the square is 10?" the man asked. Toni hit the buzzer.

" 10 square root of 2," Toni answered. 

"Correct," the man confirmed.

"My brilliant little savant," Cheryl cooed happily. 

"Not joining the team?" Bret asked as he stepped beside her.

"Coaching them," Callie answered. 

"No matter how much you coach, Stonewall is still going to beat you," Bret assured. 

"Which of the following is the powerhouse of the cell?" the man asked. Betty hit the buzzer

"Mitochondria," Betty answered.