Chapter 91

Things have gotten a lot better between Callie and Sweet Pea, but Riverdale was still a watch your back town. As Sweet Pea was at the school in the middle of the night for Deputy training with the other Serpents, Callie was at Pops. Her and Veronica were talking to Betty as they worked. 

" Is there any way that maybe you can see this divorce as a good thing?" Callie asked as she put the coffee pot down.

" I'm trying to find a lining of tarnished silver, but..."Veronica began she put the milkshake down in front of Betty. " My parents raised me to believe that family is the most important thing in the world.

" I'm so sorry, Vee," Betty sympathized. The shop door chimed, they looked to see Evelyn walking in with a stack of papers, she held one up against a wall.

" Hey Evelyn," Callie greeted as she dried a cup.

" Hey Callie," Evelyn smiled as she walked over. " Veronica, hi. Do you mind if I hang some fliers? The Farm's having an open house tomorrow.

" An open house?" Betty asked.

" Yes, we are opening our doors to visitors," Evelyn informed. " Everyone is welcome to tour our renovated premises, meet with Farm Elders and learn about our values and practices."

"Go ahead, Evelyn," Veronica allowed.

" Thank you," Evelyn smiled. She turned to go hang up fliers, Betty slurped through her straw loudly and looked at the other two girls.

" Of course, we'll go with you," Veronica confirmed. The door opened once more they looked to see Sweet Pea, he looked tired. Tonight Sweet Pea was taking Callie home, it would be the first time she got on his bike since the breakup. Now that the two are back together they are taking things a bit slow.

" Coffee?" Veronica asked.

" No, thank you," Sweet Pea denied as he looked over at Callie." You ready?"

" Yeah," Callie smiled. " See you ladies in the morning."

" See you in the morning," they smiled at her. Callie grabbed her things and walked out of the restaurant. " How was training?"

" We had to redo it about six times," Sweet Pea answered. "We kept messing up."

" Oh?" Callie asked as she saddled on his motorcycle.

" At some point, the red laser pointer was on the back of my head," Sweet Pea answered. " Mr. Keller and FP had us do it till we get it right."

" They want you to stay alive when you go out on the field," Callie said he started for the Andrews house.

" It's just a lot of work," Sweet Pea groaned.

" I'd rather have all of you alive than dead," Callie said.

" Even the best of the best get hurt," Sweet Pea reminded her.

" Yeah," Callie breathed as she wrapped her arms around him tighter and put her face on his back. It was like the first time she rode, except this time she wasn't an ex-captive of the Ghoulie gang. 

*****
The next morning Callie was getting a tour of the Farm from Kevin. She was with Veronica and Betty,

" If you cross over this way, here you will find two of our more artistic members expressing themselves," Kevin informed. " Hi, Megan. Hi, Garrett." 

" Hi," they greeted as they painted on a poster.

" At the Farm, we like to nurture everyone's unique talents," Kevin informed.

" It's like Hockney meets Heaven's Gate," Veronica whispered to the two.

" Now, would like anyone like to guess what this room's used for?" Kevin asked as they stood in front of a pair of giant medieval looking doors.