Chapter 54

In Betty's room, she is getting ready for school.

"Every day I just pray. Every move I make is right," Betty sang as she grabbed her bag. "  Where I go who I know" Over a the Lodges Veronica was getting ready.

" Will I be alone on Saturday night," Veronica sang. " I don't worry if I blow my SATS. I worry what can I possibly do" Over at the school Vixen practice was going on.

" To squeeze in?" Cheryl sang. " Pow! Why not now? When will I belong! Look where I am, damn! My whole life feels wrong!"

"What if I do snap?" Toni sang. " Holy crap! I'd crawl out of my skin! And so would you"

" Cause life just doesn't begin until you're in," everyone sang. Over at the Andrews, the kids were just about to leave.

" Look, I was thinking, maybe Andrews Construction could help build the sets for the school musical?" their dad offered. " You know, I got the lumber, I got the tools, I'm in between gigs."

" That would be an amazing dad," Callie said as she grabbed a water from the fridge.

" I'm thrilled Archie is getting back into music, even if it's not rock 'n' roll," their dad added. " And it's been a while since we've all spent some time together."

" That would be awesome, Dad," Archie said.

" Great, I'll give you a ride to school," their dad offered.

" Uh, we're good. We are raising each other to school on our thanks," Archie denied. " But thanks." They then left the house.

" God, it's rough stayin' tough," Callie sang as they got into Archie's new car. " Wonderin' what the world will say."

" Make a plan! Be a man!" Archie sang as he started the car. " All this frickin' crap just gets in the way!" Over at the school, Ethel is walking down the steps.

" I go crazy!" Ethel sang. " Nobody cares what it does to me" She started to walk with Kevin.

" And it's crazy!" Kevin sang. " I would go out of my mind"

" Am I? Am I? Am I? " they sang.

" To be in It! In is it!" the others sang. " What comes close to that?" They all ran into the auditorium and got on the stage and danced. " Until you've been in. You ain't where it's at." They started to perform the dance moves that Callie taught them. " Cause when you're out. Well, life is hell. You can never win. There's no doubt. That life just doesn't begin. Doesn't begin. Doesn't begin." They repeated that line a couple of times till they stood with their backs facing each other, holding each other's hands. " Until you're in!" They raised their hands, turned around till they were sitting in their chairs. Jughead was doing behind the scenes filming.

" Welcome to Carrie, The Musical," Kevin greeted. A chair screeches, they looked up to see Fangs pulling up a chair between Kevin and Toni.

" Okay, thanks," Jughead commented.

" Okay. Next, introductions," Kevin insisted.

" I'm Archie, I'm playing Tommy Ross. The boy next door," Archie introduced himself.

" I'm Betty. I play Sue Snell. The good girl," Betty introduced herself. 

'" Veronica Lodge, playing mean girl, Chris Hargensen," Veronica introduced herself. Then Cheryl stood up with a smile.

" I'm Cheryl Blossom, playing the iconic role of Carrie White," Cheryl introduced herself.

" Tone death," Josie coughed.

" Who's playing your mom? Margaret White?" Callie asked.

" I am," Mrs. Cooper said as she walked.