Chapter 45

When Callie got home, she was walking up the steps to the front door, she turned her heard to see Sweet Pea watching her. She was about to say something when she heard what sounded like Archie's drum set falling. Callie then made her way to the garage and opened the door. She saw the FBI and Archie in the same room. Archie put a finger to his lips, Callie looked at Sweet Pea and waved him goodbye before going inside the garage.

" What's going on in here?" Callie asked as she closed the door.

" I was just leaving," the FBI stated. " Good night Archie." He then left the garage.

" Archie?" Callie asked him.

" Don't worry about it Callie," Archie told him.

" Then why did your drums crash?" Callie asked.

"He kicked it over," Archie answered. " It's best you don't know." 

*****

The next morning Callie was walking down the steps with her backpack on her shoulders. She opened the front door to see Sweet Pea.

" I already walk you home, so I might as well walk you to school," Sweet Pea said as he held an umbrella and two cups of coffee. 

"Let's go Treetop," Callie said as she closed the door behind her. He handed her one of the cups of coffee.

" What was the crash about?" Sweet Pea asked as they started towards school.

"Oh, just typical Andrews commotion," Callie answered. " Nothing to worry about."

*******

At school, Callie was sitting in the student lounge as Veronica explained to Jughead about a negotiation.

"Veronica, are you trying to manage me right now?" Jughead asked.

" Define manage," Veronica instructed.

" People are gonna lose their homes," Jughead argued.

" Jughead, why don't you come over with your dad and sit down with my dad, and hash this out like civilized humans, face-to-face?" Veronica suggested.

" Okay. two conditions," Jughead suggested. " Callie gets to sit in on it, and your dad comes to Sunnyside Trailer Park. I want him to see the people that he's gonna be displacing."

"Fine," Veronica agreed. " And trust me, no one is being displaced."

" Are you for this Callie?" Betty asked.

" After a cup of coffee then maybe," Callie stated, then Sweet Pea walked in, gave her a cup of coffee and then walked away.

"Oh, my God, did you guys hear?" Kevin asked as he walked in. " My dad's scanner's blowing up. The police found another dead body this morning, there's blood everywhere."

"Could the Black Hood have risen from the grave?" Jughead asked.

"Did they know whose body?" Archie asked.

" Where did they find it?" Betty asked.

" The investigation's ongoing but apparently, it was a gruesome, gang and-style execution at the motel, with blood and brains splattered all over the duvet-- " Kevin began to explain.

" Okay, Kev, we get it," Archie cut him off. 

" I gotta go," Betty said as she left.

" Callie come with me to the Mayor's office," Jughead suggested.

"What for?" Callie asked.

"Like my dad said before, you are a trusting voice," Jughead began. " The Mayor is most likely to listen to you, then me."