Chapter 50

Next morning Callie sat at the table with her dad, she was doing homework as her dad read the paper. Archie walked in grabbed and orange juice from the fridge.

" Dad, Callie, I know you both think a prison is a bad idea for Riverdale, but Mr. and Mrs. Lodge really have thought this through," Archie explained.

 " A prison would rip the soul of this town," Callie stated.

" Especially the Southside, so I'm not gonna support that plan," their dad added. " Or Hiram and Hermione."

" He's severing all ties with Lodge Industries and SoDale," Callie informed. " All of it. He's done."

" What? Just like that?" Archie asked.

" Yeah," their dad answered.

" Will they even let you walk away? " Archie asked.

" I'm not asking his permission," their dad stated. " They will. Or they'll have a hell of a fight on their hands."

*******

At school, Callie sat at a table with Archie, Betty, Jughead, and Veronica.

" I just loved your spin piece in the paper, Olivia Pop," Jughead commented.

" Can we not, Jughead?" Veronica pleaded.

" Did you know about Southside High closing?" Callie asked. 

" Or the prison?" Jughead asked.

" Of course not," Betty answered. " It was all her parents' doing. Right, V?" Veronica and Archie looked at each other.

" She didn't know, Callie ad Jughead, okay? So back off!" Archie ordered.

" That's fine. I have to conserve my energy anyhow," Jughead said. " I'm going on a hunger strike to protest Southside High closing and to get it reopened". Archie then scoffed. " What?" He then laughed.

" I'm sorry man. It's just..." Archie began. " You're like, always eating. I mean, good luck with that, but--"

" Hey, it's Jughead's prerogative to protest peacefully, so we're gonna support that, aren't we?" Betty questioned them.

" Veronica?'" Ethel asked as she walked up to the group with a milkshake from Pop's in her hand.

" Oh, hey, Ethel," Veronica greeted.

" For your crimes against the town of Riverdale, for everything that you and your family have done and continue to do, we find you guilty. Your sentence is this," Ethel announced before the throwing the contents of the milkshake on Veronica. Everyone gasped. Betty then got up and took Veronica to the bathroom. Callie walked out of the cafeteria to run into Reggie.

" I need a favor from you," Reggie said as held a stack of posters.

" What kind of favor?" Callie asked eyeing him.

" I'm running for president next year, " Reggie answered. " And I need help hanging up signs. Please little strawberry, you are always doing favors for everyone else, do this one for me?" He put his hands together and gave her puppy dogs.

" Fine," Callie breathed. " But only because you know how much I give into the puppy dog face."

" Thank you," Reggie gushed as he handed her a stack. They started to hang up signs all over together.

" Veronica?" Reggie called down the hallway. Callie turned to Betty and Veronica coming down the hallway. " I heard you got a face full of dairy. "

" You told him didn't you?" Betty asked Callie.

" Sorry," Callie apologized.

" It's alright," Veronica sighed.