Chapter 51

Callie now sat in a booth at Pop's with her mom and Archie.

" Archie, I really hate to see you and your father fighting," their mom started.

" We're not, Mom," Archie assured her.

" And look, you and Veronica, it's your first real relationship...I just wanna make sure that you're not being...led astray," their mom stated.

" By Ronnie?" their mom asked.

" To align yourself with her family against your better judgment," Callie spoke.

" It's not like that. Okay? Veronica is an amazing person," Archie defended his girlfriend and her family.

" I'm sure she is," their mom smiled. " But I guess I'm just saying, so's your dad." She then looked at Callie. " I also heard that you have been mingling with the Serpents?"

"Is that a bad thing?" Callie asked.

"I didn't think you were interested in bad boys," their mom stated.

" Mom," Callie said. " Me and all of the serpents are pretty good friends."

" Is there one, in particular, you like more than the others?" their mom asked. 

" Possibly," Callie blushed.

******
Callie was now standing outside Southside High she was chaining young serpents to the building of the Southside high school. She was finishing up with Sweet Pea, strapping the chains over his chest.

" Are you sure you guys won't get too cold?" Callie asked as she handed each of the serpents some blankets.

" We will be fine," Jughead assured. " Just wait here with us." Hours later her brother showed up on his bike.

" Well, well, well. The cavalry's finally here," Jughead commented.

" Guess that means we've got Hiram's attention," Callie added.

" Are you nuts?" Archie demanded. " Chaining yourself to this place? They're gonna tear is down in two days, dude." Jughead then scoffed. 

" Not unless Hiram wants the blood of eight young Serpents on his hands," Callie pointed out.

" We're not going anywhere," Jughead added. " Go and tell your boss we said that." 

*****

The next day Callie came back to the site with Betty. She sat down and talked to Jughead as Callie handed them each coffee.

" Do you guys need fresh, not soaked blankets?" Callie asked.

"We are fine," Sweet Pea assured. " You are doing enough, thanks for the coffee."

" Don't want any of you to get frostbite," Callie stated. 

" Get to school shortstop," Sweet Pea advised.

" Come on Callie," Betty said as she stood up.

" If you guys need anything, have FP text me if your phones are dead or close to dead," Callie advised.

" Get to school shortstop," Sweet Pea repeated himself.

********

Later at school, Callie sat in the room next to Reggie and Valerie as Josie talked about Veronica.

" We live in uncertain times, but there's one thing I'm very certain of," Josie announced. " My girl Ronnie here, along with her running mate, Betty Cooper, has my vote to be Riverdale High's next President and Vice President. And of course, we remind everyone, especially the women, to vote and be heard this election." Everyone clapped and cheered. Josie started singing with Veronica. As they sang the song, Ethel walked around passing out fliers about Veronica. All saying mean nasty words about her.