Chapter 66

Callie came home, she quietly crept into the house. She carefully walked up the stairs, she passed her brothers room, she saw him jolt awake. He was panting and sweating.

" Are you alright Arch?" Callie asked as she walked into the room.

" Bad dream," Archie answered as he sat up.

" What was it about?" Callie asked as she sat on the bed.

" I was chasing Cassidy, and then I was chasing myself," Archie began to explain. " I had the gun, and I shot him."

" You did not shoot him," Callie reminded him.

" I could have prevented it," Archie insisted.

" You just a kid, you had no idea what was going to happen," Callie said.

" I should have stayed with Cassidy," Archie said.

" What else happened in the dream?" Callie asked.

" Well after I saw myself shoot Cassidy, I turned and saw you, Betty, Veronica, and Jughead. All looking at me, I said it was not me, and then blood was all over my hands."

" Archie do not guilt yourself into something that you did not do," Callie pleaded.

" If I go away," Archie began.

 " You won't," Callie insisted. " We will start the junior year together."

" Take care of dad and mom if I do go," Archie pleaded. " Please Cal."

" You got my word," Callie promised him. 

" Keep an eye on everyone," Archie pleaded.

" I will," Callie promised him. " Me and V with make it a point to visit you whenever we get the chance."

" Don't waste your time visiting me," Archie said.

" You can't control that part," Callie said. " You are my twin brother, I gotta watch out for you the same way you watch out for me."

" You are the best sister I could ever ask for," Archie admitted.

" Archie," Callie breathed. " I am your only sister."

" Killing the moment," Archie laughed. " Get some sleep."

" You too," Callie smiled before going to her room. When she got their, she opened the door to see Sweet Pea on her bed.

" What took you so long?" Sweet Pea asked as she closed the door.

" Archie," Callie sighed as she walked over to the bed. " The situation is getting to him, even in his sleep." She sat down on the bed and closed her eyes.

" Archie is going to be ruled as innocent, "Sweet Pea assured her as he rubbed her back.

" Only if Archie does not do anything stupid and Hiram doesn't not have another wild card to throw," Callie pointed out.

" Shortstop," Sweet Pea began as he pulled her close to him.

" Thanks for standing by my side during all this," Callie said. " I know it was not the summer either of us was hoping for."

" Well as school is in session, we will have more time for each other," Sweet Pea reminded her.

" Hopefully," Callie hoped. " I'm helping V with her Squeakeasy," Callie smiled.

" Can I get any hints on it?" Sweet Pea asked.

" Nah," Callie breathed.

" You ass," Sweet Pea groaned.