Chapter 30

The next morning Callie and Archie walked Betty to school. 

" I need to tell you two something Arch, and Cal" Betty began. " But you can't tell anyone else. Not Veronica, not Jughead, not your dad, just no one. Promise me." 

" We promise," Callie assured her. 

"The Black Hood called me," Betty informed. 

"What?" Archie asked as he stopped walking.

" Keep walking," Betty urged.

"Wait, the Black Hood called you?" Callie questioned.

"Yes. It's even risky for me to even be telling you two," Betty stated. " But we're best friends and we live next door to each other. So, us walking to school together would look perfectly normal to anyone who might be watching. Including him?"

" You think he's watching us?" Archie asked.

" I don't know, he could be," Betty responded. " I know it sounds crazy, but it was him."

"Betty, you have to tell the police," Archie insisted.

" Even if it's not him," Callie added.

"It is him. And he told me," Betty confirmed. " If I went to the police, or if I told Jughead, he'd...God, he knows where Polly is, Arch and Cal. If he calls me again, I have to answer."

"We're not letting you go through this alone," Callie spoke. Betty looked at them. " Meet me at my locker later."  

******

Later on, Callie is at her locker when Betty approaches it.

"Why do you need me to meet you here?" Betty asked.

"Hand me your phone," Callie demanded as she pulled two small mics.

"What are you going to do?" Betty asked as she gave Callie her phone.

" I am hooking up a device," Callie explained. She took off Betty's case and put one the mics on before putting the case back on. " Whenever you get a call, I will receive it, and it will record it on my device, just make sure you have your Bluetooth on."

"Callie," Betty protested as Callie handed the phone back. " It wasn't even a recognizable voice."

" I know, maybe I can try playing around with the levels to find out is behind the voice," Callie defended herself.

"And what if you get into trouble again?" Betty asked.

"I will call Sweet Pea," Callie informed.

" Do you really think that Serpent will come to your rescue?" Betty asked.

" If it keeps me from getting killed then yes," Callie answered.

******

Later that day Callie was at Jughead's trying to do more research on serial killers.

"Callie, if I became a serpent-" Jughead began.

"Archie would not be too happy, and maybe Betty as well," Callie answered as she looked up at him. Jughead was looking at the serpent jacket that was given to him.

"What would you think?" Jughead asked.

"Why do you care what I think?" Callie asked.

"You are like my other sister," Jughead answer.

" Honestly I would be fine with it," Callie answered." I like the idea of the serpents, people that always have you back,"

"Is there another reason?" Jughead asked.