Chapter 71

Callie was now sitting in the school's library studying for the SATS, she had earbuds in, tapping her pencil on her notebook.

" Hello," She heard Betty's voice.

" Betty," Evelyn's voice came in, Betty jumped.

" Evelyn. You snuck up on me," Betty gasped.

" What are you doing here?" Evelyn asked.

" Well, I came to learn more about the Farm," Betty answered. " AM I early?"

" No," Evelyn denied. " No. The Farm just needs some time to catch on.

" Yeah," Betty agreed.

" But it will," Evelyn assured. " Uh? Pizza?"

" No, I'm good. Thank you," Betty said. " I also came here to talk to you about Ethel Muggs. She said that you're helping with her seizures.

" Trying to," Evelyn admitted. " Yeah. With my dad's teachings. I just...have to get her off that darn medication." Callie paused at that and looked up confusingly. Across the table from was Sweet Pea he had a coffee in his hand for her, he made a face. She dismissed him of his concern and just pointed at the SAT book, he rolled his eyes. " You're not taking any are you?"

" No, no, I'm not," Betty denied. " I'm considering it. Um, I'm still having convulsions."

" Well, how often are they happening?" Evelyn asked.

" Once or twice, daily," Betty answered. " I was hoping that your dad could help."

" I was hoping you'd say that," Evelyn said with a little cheer. The conversation and Callie took out her earbuds and put her hands on her head.

" Everything alright?" Sweet Pea asked in a whisper.

" Is it safe to take someone off medications?" Callie asked.

" Only if the doctor says so," Sweet Pea answered. " Why?"

" Evelyn is trying to get Ethel off the medication to help her with her seizures," Callie answered.

" I don't think that's safe," Sweet Pea said as he furrowed his eyebrows.

" I don't either," Callie sighed.

" Andrews," Reggie said walking up to her with Veronica. " Do you know where Jughead is?"

" For once, no," Callie answered.

"Why?" Sweet Pea asked.

" I need back up," Veronica asked. " Someone set me up, sent a bunch of Jingle-Jangle to me and Sheriff Minetta decided to do an inspection at the same time."

" I might know," Sweet Pea admitted. " Fangs and I think that the Whyte Wrym, now owned by Ghoulie scum, has been turned into the drug lab for it."

" I need Jughead," Veronica said.

" Why not Fangs and I?" Sweet Pea asked.

" She needs someone who can take pictures of evidence," Callie gathered.

"Bingo," Reggie clarified. " Smart as ever Andrews." 

" Thanks, Reggie," Callie breathed. " I might know someone that knows where is presence is located, I can take you to them," Callie admitted. " But I want a couple of days off."

" Deal," Veronica agreed. Callie gave Sweet Pea a peck on the cheek before leaving with Veronica, they went to the current Serpent territory, they saw Cheryl in a chair as Toni was drawing something on a table.

" With the motorcycle in the back," Toni stated.

" Nice," Cheryl agreed. 

" Okay," Toni chuckled. " That was your face." Cheryl laughed.