Chapter 47

Friday morning Callie was getting ready for school when Archie walked into her room.

"Do you want to go to the movies this weekend?" Archie asked. " It's been an awhile since us siblings have just hung out."

"That sounds fun," Callie said. " I am in for it."

"Great," Archie smiled as he walked away.

********

Sweet Pea was at his locker talking to Toni.

" I'm stealing Fangs for a night by the way," Toni informed him. " We are going to go see Love Simon at the Bijou.

"What am I supposed to now?" Sweet Pea asked in annoyance. 

" Possibly you can ask Callie to go to the movies with you?" Toni suggested.

" L-l-like a date?" Sweet Pea stuttered.

" And then you grow a pair and ask her out," Toni added, Sweet Pea turned pale.

" And what if she says no?" Sweet Pea questioned. " I don't want to risk getting humiliated."

" Then she is an idiot," Toni told him. " Don't continue wasting your time on her."

" But I really like her," Sweet Pea argued, his eyes went wide at what he just said. " Don't tell anyone I said that." Veronica then walked up to them with a box. " What do you want Lodge?"

" Woah there you are the one that came to me," Veronica reminded him.

" Came for what?" Toni asked raising her eyebrow.

" According to Sweet Pea...The shortstop has been doing a lot for the Serpents, and he wanted to get her something for everything she has done, but couldn't afford it, so he came to me," Veronica answered as she handed Sweet Pea the back.

" Sorry for snapping at you," Sweet Pea apologized. " How much do I owe you?"

" I want a video of her reaction," Veronica demanded.

" That's all? No debt, no other favors?" Sweet Pea asked in suspicion.

" Callie is my boyfriend's twin sister, " Veronica pointed out. " Her happiness is a priority to me." Toni looked in the box and smiled.

" It's so cute," Toni gushed.

" Sweet Pea, for warning Archie made plans to go to the movies with her this weekend, but I'm taking him up north this weekend, and we both think this will be a prime time to make a move," Veronica informed.

" Andrews is okay with me asking out his sister?" Sweet Pea questioned.

" You are willing to protect her as much as he is willing to protect her, in the book of Archie that is a win," Veronica explained.

********

Callie was now at her locker at school when Sweet Pea came up to her. 

"What are you doing this weekend?" Sweet Pea asked.

"Going to the movies with Archie," Callie answered. " Doing sibling bonding."

" Actually," Archie said as he walked up to them. " Mr. Lodge is letting me, Veronica, Betty, and Jughead go up to the Lodge's private cabin this weekend, couples only."

" Oh, " Callie breathed.

" I would invite you, but you are currently single," Archie reminded her. " We can do some sibling bonding next week."

" Yeah, that's fine," Callie answered.

" Thanks, Cal," Archie smiled, as Callie looked up at a book she was grabbing. Archie then winked at Sweet Pea before walking away.