Chapter 7

Harry's POV

I was a complete jerk to Harli, but I didn't really know what to say. I didn't know if I should bring up the messages as a joke or just try to strike up another topic of conversation, but before I could decide, she was leaving. Honestly, I had no idea what she said as she was leaving.

If Harli sees the boys again, I'm positive she'll never talk to me. On the other hand, my indecisiveness seemed to appease Taylor who had grown tenser by the second as Harli laughed with Niall and Louis, something she had never achieved.

I didn't know why the boys don't support our relationship, I wasn't sure if she's "the one", but she's different than other girls I've dated. I needed to get away, clear my head a little bit. The beach sounded nice, a warm Christmas would definitely be a change from cold England.

Last time I went to Venice, the weather was nice and I wasn't bothered. I got out of bed and started throwing clothes and swim trunks into a duffle bag. Hesitating, I grabbed it before walking to the living room where the boys were watching a movie and dozing.

"Hey, guys, I think I want to go to the beach to just chill, you guys wanna come?" 

They looked up and Louis frowned, "Is Taylor going?" 

I shook my head, "No, just us guys...if you wanna come."

Louis smiled, "Sure, when are we leaving?" 

I shrugged, "As soon as you pack." 

The boys turned off the movie and walked to their rooms. Five minutes later, everyone was packed and prepared to stay till Friday. We walked to the car and Louis started it. 

Clearing my throat, I touched his shoulder to get his attention, "Lou, I just wanted to say sorry-" 

He cut me off, "Sorry must be your favorite word, you seem to say it a lot. One day, sorry won't cut it."

I bit my lip guiltily, "I feel really bad you know. I keep screwing up unintentionally and it kind of sucks because I hate walking on thin ice around you guys." 

He looked at me through the rear view mirror, "Why did you do it? Why were you a jerk to her? Was it Taylor?"

I frowned and looked down at my hands, "Not really, I just didn't know what to say."

Niall finally spoke up softly, "Taylor is tearing us apart, mate. Actually, maybe I should clarify, Taylor is tearing you apart from us." 

I frowned. I wanted to argue, but they seemed to agree and probably weren't going to change their minds. Playing with my fingers in my lap, I glanced up and met Louis' eyes in the mirror, "I can't just dump her after four days. My mum raised me better. " 

I bit my lip, how did I get myself in this mess? Louis turned the radio up to avoid awkward silence and laughed, how ironic.

"Now we have Harli Jackson's new single, My Reality!"

The song finished as we pulled onto the interstate, and I sighed looking out the window. "Guys do you think I rushed into this relationship?"

Harli's POV

~Christmas morning~

I ran in my brother's room and jumped on his bed. "PERCY JACKSON, GET YOUR BUTT OUT OF BED! IT'S CHRISTMAS!" He jumped up immediately and we went into the hallway outside of Jacob's room.

Before we stepped in, he pushed me gently away from the door, "I'll wake him and you start the coffee." I made a face, but walked to the kitchen. Personally, I'd prefer to torture my twin, but it was Christmas, so I'd let it off this time.