Chapter 20

Harli's POV

I hummed along to the radio as we drove down the road, parallel to the beach. The windows were down and a breeze was circulating lazily through the car. Harry told me it was a 30-minute drive, so I kicked my shoes off and leaned back, feet propped on the dashboard. He gave me a look, but didn't say anything.

When the next song came on the radio, Harry grinned and cranked it up. He tapped on the steering wheel and hummed through the first verse quietly, and I rolled my eyes. The chorus hit, and both of us started screaming along.

"LET'S GO CRAZY CRAZY CRAZY TILL WE SEE THE SUN, I KNOW WE ONLY MET BUT LET'S PRETEND IT'S LOVE, AND NEVER NEVER NEVER STOP FOR ANYONE, TONIGHT LET'S GET SOME...AND LIVE WHILE WE'RE YOUNG!"

We laughed together as the song kept playing in the background. Harry glanced at me out of the corner of his eyes, "You know, the singers in the song," he pointed at himself and wiggled his eyebrows, "suggest we get some tonight."

I rolled my eyes, "Yeah right, keep dreaming bud."

"Ah, worth a shot."

I looked away and stared out the window. The salty air filled my lungs as I took a deep breath. When summer actually came, I usually sat at the beach all day, most days. This year, I wouldn't be able to with the tour, though it was an amazing alternative.

Harry's words broke me out of my thoughts, "What's on your mind?"

"Oh, just how much traveling I'll be doing for my tour. This summer, I'm going overseas."

"Wow, that's awesome!"

I smiled, "Yeah, it is."

"When is your album coming out?"

I thought back to my meeting, "As of now, March 17th. The release party will be the next night. Are you going to be there?"

He frowned, "I don't know. I'll do my best to fly down if we have a break."

"Oh yeah, I forgot about your tour. It's ok, you can see about it on twitter."

"No, I want to come, honestly, I'll make it work."

I shook my head, "Harry, it's okay if you can't make it. You're invited, but don't stress about it."

He stuck his tongue out, "The boys and I will be there no matter what."

"I don't think it will really be up to you."

"I'm Harry Styles, and I do what I want."

"I don't think that's entirely true," I replied with a laugh.

Harry rolled his eyes and turned up the music, effectively ending the conversation. I let out a sharp breath and felt the stress leave my body as I stared at my personal paradise. I think, if I tried to get away from the beach, I wouldn't make it far.

Jacob called me the other day, asking me if I was going to be moving. When I asked him why, he said because he saw it in the tabloids. I told him not to believe everything he read, and that I could never leave my family. He hung up happy; for someone who lives at home still.

Claire and I used to stay in the ocean all day, swimming around and pretending like we were mermaids. As we got older, we would watch the hot lifeguards. A lot of good times and good parties were had at the beach.

"What's on your mind?"

I turned to face Harry, "Have you ever had a place where you have so many memories that you don't want to leave?"