Chapter 17

Harry's POV

I got her address from her very reluctant brother, and when I knocked on the door, it pushed open. There was a loud shriek as I stepped in. It startled me, and I forgot to call out to identify myself. I started down the hall and could barely make out a lump on the couch under the blankets.

As I stepped into the living room, I glanced up at the TV and saw it paused on The Vampire Diaries. There was no light switch in sight, so I cautiously spoke out, "Harli?"

"Don't come any closer, I have vervain."

"What?"

"Harry?"

I smiled, finally, we're getting somewhere, "Louis."

His head popped out as Harli threw the blanket off, "What are you doing here?"

"Apparently scaring everyone half to death."

She laughed and her friend and Lou quietly left the room. I sat down on the other side of the couch and sighed deeply, now that I was there, I didn't know what to say. She broke the silence, "So, how's Taylor?"

"She wasn't too happy with me when I left, so I don't think we're together anymore. How's Ashton?"

Harli chuckled, "He's fine I guess."

"That's good...so, I need you to listen to me. Please don't interrupt, just listen." She nodded and I took a deep breath before plunging in.

"See, my problem is that I'm stupid. I'm the youngest and I make the most mistakes it seems like, though I guess age isn't really a valid excuse. Whatever happens, someone seems to hate me. It's exhausting trying to please everyone, and I'm slowly learning it's impossible. I probably wouldn't be here today if it weren't for my mum. I don't want to upset you, but I do want you to know that what I said was completely uncalled for and I'm sorry."

"I'm glad you're okay, we were worried you know. I'm sorry for not reaching out sooner, you look exhausted. Have you-"

I interrupted her, "I'm fine, honestly, and you don't have to apologize, you did nothing."

"Just let me finish, please," I nodded reluctantly and she leaned back, "No one checked to see if you were okay, and I'll take responsibility for that one. You look rough, dude, are you seriously okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine, I promise."

She sighed, "But I didn't help by not letting everyone know I wasn't overly hurt by your words."

I shook my head again, "There was nothing you could've done, people say what they want anyway."

"Call it even?"

"Yeah, thanks Har."

"Why don't you go get a shower and I'll fix some food for you. After that, you need sleep, bud."

******

In the end, I didn't go to sleep, Jess fixed some sleepy time tea and we settled in to watch TV. Louis and Harli picked up bickering almost immediately, and after one episode, I jumped in.

"Team Damon."

"Team Stefan."

"Team Damon."

"Team Stefan."

Harli glared at me and reached over to smack my shoulder. I rubbed my shoulder with a dramatic pout and she rolled her eyes, "Yeah, I'm not falling for that nonsense."

"Team Jeremy!"

We turned to look at Louis. Harli raised her eyebrows, "Jeremy is her brother, that would be incest, Lou."