Chapter 4

Beautiful babies, huh?

~~~~

I couldn't decide if I was screwed or incredibly lucky. Maybe a combination of the two. I'm sure people tweeted him that all day, yet he just had to choose me to respond to. I couldn't just ignore it, that would be rude. At the same time, I didn't really want to respond.

I stared at the phone until it buzzed and I just about jumped out of my skin. After sitting for one hour, staring into space, I still had nothing. I needed something witty, and I was unfortunately not good at that.

"Now or never," I mumbled, my thumbs did a little dance as I tried to come up with something to send. Do I simply say 'hi' or do I need to say something different along the lines of 'my bad'?

I responded quickly and threw my phone away from me with a cringe and squeal. Whatever, it was over, I couldn't take it back. My heart was pounding and I decided to go for a run to take the edge off. Throwing my hair in a ponytail and plugging earphones in, I took off toward a strip mall a few blocks from my house.

After about 15 minutes, I reached the shopping center and found a small cafe to get some water. I stepped into the extremely crowded restaurant and prayed no fan would find me looking and smelling like this.

Luck seemed to be against me though because I've been to that cafe before and it's never that full, especially of teenage girls. There was so much estrogen I almost choked, so I took my last sip of water and stood up to pay.

"Thank God no one approached me," I mumbled as I jogged away, back toward my house. While I'd love to talk to them, I'd rather not do it while I smell like a dirty sock.

Harry's POV

~a few days ago~

"Goodnight New York! We loved performing!"

I jogged offstage and tossed my mic to a waiting attendant. Paul tossed me a water bottle, which I chugged easily. I flopped down on a couch and threw my arms over my head.

Louis pranced over and sat beside me. "It's almost my birthday Harold, what are ya gonna get me?" I shrugged and started scrolling through twitter. My timeline was full as usual with tweets from fans.

I grimaced, some of these were disturbing. There were more tweets than usual from fans who were dissing 'Haylor', so I clicked on a few.

We see you Harli, snatch that boy up #SayNoToHaylor

I heard Harry and Harli are dating is it confirmed?

Awwww, Harry and Harli, we need a ship name :)

I normally don't like Harry's girlfriends, but no hate on Harli #SayNoToHaylor

I suck at ship names, and Harry and Harli are hard...what about Halirry? :/

My mouth fell open in shock, none of my past relationships had been backed by this much support. Unfortunately, this false assumption started quite a bit of drama. Suddenly, I felt someone poking my cheek and I jumped, "Lou, why is it necessary to scare me like that?"

He gave me a cheeky grin, "You were kind of staring off into space, thinking really hard." I frowned and stood up hearing my bones pop. Louis' voice lowered, "Just tweet her mate." That sounded like a good idea.

I pulled out my phone and opened up my DM's. Now I have to figure out what to say. I twiddled my thumbs and went with a simple greeting.

Beautiful babies, huh?

~present~

"Niall?!" I was having to yell over the screaming girls, "We shouldn't have come here without protection!"