Chapter 3

Harli's POV

@HarliJacksonOfficial

Hey guys, I've got a Christmas surprise, who wants to hear it?

I watched the responses and began typing my next tweet so they weren't left hanging for too long.

@HarliJacksonOfficial

I will be performing at The Forum on Christmas Eve! Go get tickets so I can see all your beautiful faces! :)

I put my phone away and walked to my kitchen, looking through the cabinet for something sweet. Food supplies were running low, but I was too lazy to go out and get anything. Maybe if I went home for the weekend, Mom would give me some food.

As I started pulling a duffle bag out of the closet to get some clothes packed, my phone rang.

"Hey Li."

"Hey Scooter! What's up?"

"Nothing much, you just sold out the Forum."

My mouth dropped open, "No freaking way!"

I could practically hear his smile, "Yep, the concert is 10 days from now, so you'd better get to picking out some songs."

"I've got some in mind. Can I take a few days off to visit my family and then come back to prepare for the concert?"

Scooter was silent for a few moments, "Alright, but when you come back you'd better be ready to work your butt off."

A huge, goofy smile took over my face, "Thanks so so so much, I promise, I won't disappoint."

"Great, see you later Li."

"Bye Scooter."

I texted Percy and told him that I was going home and he could meet me there instead of LA and picked up my bag. My parents got me a simple car straight after high school, nothing too fancy, and told me to keep it until I had enough money to buy something I wanted. Even though it wasn't fancy, I loved my Camry. I got in and began driving, cranking up the music to sing along.

~30 minutes later~

I walked around to the side door and opened it, walking inside. "Mom, Dad?" My mom came running into the kitchen and pulled me into a hug.

"Harli, I missed you so much! It's so weird seeing you on TV instead of in person!"

Hugging her, I laughed, "I missed you too, where's Dad and Jacob?"

She rolled her eyes, "They want to make Christmas cookies, so they went to the store to get dough, icing, and sprinkles."

I laughed and brought my bag to my old room, "I planned to stay for two or three days, I guess that's okay?"

"I thought we got rid of you for good."

"Thanks Mom..."

She pulled her long hair back and smiled at me, her blue eyes twinkled mischievously, "You know Jacob was always our favorite."

"Whatever, I'm the one making money, he's just spending it in school."

"Okay, drag me."

Jacob came around the corner after responding and flicked my forehead.

"Don't touch me Jacob."

"Don't be jealous Harli, green isn't your color."

"I look good in every color, brat."

"Okay children, please start the cookies and stop arguing."

"Jennifer, we are debating."

"Jacob don't you even call me by my first name."