Chapter 9

Harry's POV

Louis almost fell over as Jacob grabbed his shoulders and attempted to use him as a human shield. Harli stormed out of the water with a small puppy at her heels. She bent down and spoke to it, "Go on, Ty, attack."

He cocked his head at her and his tail began wagging faster but he didn't move. Jacob laughed and peeked out from behind Lou, "If I had his name, I wouldn't listen to you either."

"Oh lay off about the name would you. One day there's going to be someone dumb named Jacob and I will never let you forget it."

"What's wrong with the name Ty?" Liam asked with a confused look on his face.

"Jacob is mad because Ty's namesake is so much hotter than him."

"Oh please, Tyler Seguin has nothing on me."

I frowned, "Who is Tyler Seguin?"

Jacob gasped, "Only the guy Har has been in love with for years."

"I'm not in love with him," she muttered, "I met him once at a Kings' game."

"Kings?"

"Hockey, I go sometimes, it's pretty fun."

I nodded and Niall spoke up, "You would let your dog attack your twin."

"Oh trust me, I will train my dog to attack my twin."

"Ouch sis, you wound me."

"Not as much as Ty will someday."

Harli's POV

Jacob called Percy and Jayden to come to the beach for the pickup game Louis requested. They brought the ball and Jacob started to protest.

"Wait a second, we're about to play five on four, that's not fair."

"Come on A Team, can't you beat us easily?"

I fell to his taunt, "Yes we can, I hope you're ready to lose."

We played lackadaisically at the start and the game stayed close. Too close for Percy's liking apparently because he called us into a huddle after Jacob pretty much let one go by.

"Jacob, I swear if you don't pick it up, you will sleep outside tonight."

"Woah, Perce, chill. It's just an easy game, no forfeit or anything."

"You look sloppy."

I laughed at the pout Jacob gave him in response and Percy's glare soon came to rest on me. It shut me up instantly.

"And you haven't made one dive yet today, Har."

"They aren't exactly sending me dive-worthy balls."

"I've watched you let a few go by."

I rolled my eyes, "Yes dad, I'll do better I promise."

Jayden snorted and put his hand on Percy's shoulder, "I know you want to beat them because they're famous, but we have no worry bud."

"Let's just beat them fast, I'm hungry," Percy complained and I nodded.

"I can get on board for that reason."

Jacob clapped him on the shoulder, "Fear not, brother."

We broke out and quickly shut them down. Niall glared at us as we high fived and Percy breathed a sigh of relief. Harry raised his eyebrows, "Were you guys just taking it easy on us at the first to break our spirit. I honestly thought we had a fighting chance."