Chapter 16

Harry's POV

Taylor had been on my case since I backed out of going clubbing with her. It was nice just staying in for once, but for some reason she saw it as betrayal. She kept fishing for an apology, but I wasn't going to give one.

"Just wanted to remind you we're supposed to go to the beach with some of my friends today," she informed me sharply.

I shook my head, "I can't, I promised some friends that I would hang out with them today."

"But we had plans, Harry. I told everyone you'd be there."

I tried not to get too annoyed and snap at Taylor, "Well don't make plans in my name without asking me."

Harry, why are you being like this?"

For the first time in a long time, I felt anger rising in me, "Taylor, I made my plans with some friends who are here on vacation. You've been on my case for weeks about doing something, now I am and you still aren't happy."

She looked offended and I winced, realizing that I came across too harsh, "Ok, that was unwarranted, and I'm sorry, but I'm still going to see my friends. We should take this day for ourselves, okay?" She looked happier at my explanation and I sighed in relief.

"Okay Harry, have fun with your friends, I'll go shopping and maybe we can get dinner together."

I smiled back at her, "Maybe."

When she left I felt very alone again. It wasn't the worst feeling in the world, but it was all-encompassing. I suddenly felt like I needed a hug from my mum, and my chest ached knowing I wouldn't be getting one any time soon. Maybe it would help to call her.

"Hello?"

"Hey, Mum, I really miss you."

"Harry, I miss you too my boy."

"I messed up, really bad."

"It can't be that bad."

I shook my head, "It's bad, none of my friends are talking to me."

"Well what did you do, and have you reached out to them?"

"I called her some bad things in front of the media."

"Why do I get the feeling that's not the only thing you did."

"I've avoided her since then. I just don't want to mess up further."

She huffed loudly on the other end of the phone. "Harry Edward Styles, didn't I ever tell you how to treat girls?

It felt like someone was sitting on my chest, "I wanted to make things right, but it was like all motivation and functionality left me at once."

Concern coated her tone, "Are you okay now?"

"I think so, I've been up and about since then. Taylor dragged me out a few times."

"Please call me more often, I need to know how you are. I worry."

"I know Mum, I know. I love you."

"Love you too Harry, please think about going to that girl to apologize. It means a lot more if you do it in person, you know."

We said our final goodbyes and hung up the phone. The feeling in my chest had loosened, and I stared at my open suitcase on the floor. After googling flight times, I found one to Los Angeles the next day, and booked it immediately. Whether she wanted to see me or not, I at least had to try.

I called ahead and scheduled a rental car to be waiting when I landed. No one had any idea that I was coming, and while I wanted to tell her, I was nervous she'd say no.