Chapter 23

After their heartfelt conversation, Iwaizumi invited Oikawa to eat because he wanted to catch up a little more and remembered that Oikawa had just gotten out of work so he was probably hungry.

"Woah.. why'd you choose such a fancy restaurant? the food's probably expensive.."

"It's the least I can do after being such a jerk and getting you kicked out.. sorry again"

Oikawa smiled softly "It's fine" he looked down at his fingers "frankly, I think I deserved it"

"Not at all! I literally said all those hurtful things to you for absolutely no reason. Maybe you should punch me, beat me to pulp"

Oikawa laughed quietly which made Iwaizumi smile, a waiter approached their table and gave them the menus.

"I told you it'd be expensive" Oikawa said as he scanned through his menu, eyes widening every time he flipped a page.

"Don't worry about the money, just order whatever you like"

"Right, I forgot you're the son of a CEO"

Iwaizumi looked up from his menu and met Oikawa's eyes, those eyes.. suddenly an imagine appeared in his head, it was the same face and the same phrase that kept popping up in his head since that night. A younger Oikawa in a high school uniform, a bright smile spreading across his face, those eyes, and that phrase.. "I love you, Iwa-chan"

"Oikawa"

"Yes?"

"Since when did we know each other?"

"Hmm middle school I believe, you hated me" Oikawa laughed.

"Did I really?" Iwaizumi asked confused since that didn't add up with his memories. Oikawa simply nodded his head yes and continued looking through the menu as he tried to find something cheap.

"Um, were we..? you know" Iwa asked hesitantly because he was too embarrassed and awkward to ask if they were dating. Oikawa tilted his head slightly and gave him a confused look.

"Were we what?"

"Huh? oh! oh no" Oikawa laughed nervously once he realized what Iwaizumi meant "why would you ask that?"

"Oh, it's cuz I kept remembering you say 'I- I love you.. Iwa-chan' Iwa cleared his throat and looked away with a slight blush across his cheeks.

"Is he blushing?!"

"Well, we weren't dating but I did have a one-sided crush on you.. you didn't like me though but for some reason I was really confident back then and I was determined to 'make you fall for me' but of course I never did.. maybe that's what you remembered" Oikawa laughed brightly as if his words weren't hurting him on the inside.

"It was one-sided?"

"Yup! one time I even tried to kiss you and you pushed me away, that was actually our first fight"

"Was I that stupid?" Iwaizumi questioned under his breath, annoyed.

"What was that?"

"Oh, nothing"

The waiter came back and took their orders, their food arrived and they continued talking for another while. As Oikawa ate, Iwaizumi watched him endearingly without noticing his own actions.

"Do I have something on my face?"

"Uh- yeah, you have some sauce right there" Iwa tried playing it off by pointing at one side of Oikawa's lips.

"Really?" Oikawa quickly wiped his lips with a napkin although his face was completely clean.

"Yeah, you got it off already"

"Sorry, this is just really good" Oikawa giggled as he rolled pasta on his fork "wanna try?" he lifted his fork up to Iwa's mouth.

"I'm fine" Iwaizumi moved his head back flustered.

"Aw come on~ just a little bite" Oikawa pouted playfully.

"Stop it, trashykawa"

Oikawa let out a short gasp, froze in place, and made a shocked expression.

"W-what?"

"You called me trashykawa.."

"Oh sorry, I didn't mean t-"

"I'm not hurt dummy, it brings back good memories.. now open your mouth!"

"People are watching us.." Iwaizumi mumbled glancing to the sides.

"And?"

Iwa let out a sigh and hesitantly opened his mouth, quickly chewing the pasta Oikawa had fed him.

"Mm!" his eyes lit up and Oikawa broke into laughter.

"I told you it was good"

The two finished their food and they made their way towards Suga's condo to drop Oikawa off but on the way Iwaizumi couldn't stop thinking about the fact that if Oikawa didn't have a best friend like Suga, he'd probably be sleeping on the streets.

"So.. how is it living with Sugawara?"

"It's not bad at all, he's like a brother to me you know? I feel comfortable living there but I can't help feeling guilty about imposing on him.. specially when it comes to Daichi. Even though they're not dating yet, I'm sure he wishes they could hang out alone"

"I bet, those two..they're really into each other"

Oikawa chuckled "yeah"

Iwaizumi stopped at a red light and glanced at Oikawa who was simply looking out the window like he was lost in thought.

"Should I tell him? I mean, I should take responsibility right?" Iwa tapped repeatedly on the steering wheel, contemplating if he should say what's on his mind or not.

Oikawa could feel Iwaizumi's eyes on him, he slowly moved his head towards him until their eyes met. Oikawa smiled before playfully tucking his hair behind his ear.

"Am I pretty?~"

"Tsk if you know you are, why do you ask?" Iwa said turning his focus back to driving as the light turned green. Then, he realized that he just said those words out loud. Oikawa felt his face heat up and there was an awkward silence for a few minutes.

"I.. wanted to give you a suggestion but I'm not sure if you'd be ok with it, if you turn it down it'd be embarrassing for me" Iwaizumi broke said silence.

Oikawa made an intrigued face and looked at him "what is it?"

"Well, you know how it was my fault that your dad kicked you out? and you don't want to impose on Suga anymore?"

"Yeah.."

"I figured, I should take responsibility for my actions. What I'm trying to say is, I live alone and my house is pretty big since my dad bought it for me so.. I was just thinking maybe you could come live with me"

"Oh.."

"I mean you don't have to, I just- it was my fault so I want to make it up to you. It's a big house so you don't have to worry about us running into each other or anything"

Oikawa listened attentively and smiled to himself "why would I not want to run into you? I thought we were in good terms now"

"No, I meant since- agh! never mind"

"He's still the same as before"

"You know what? I'll accept, I think it'll be fun"

"Ok well, you can move in whenever you want. Here's a key to my house and my address is written on here" Iwa handed Oikawa a sticky note just as they arrived in front of the condo's building.

"Thanks" Oikawa held it tightly in both of his hands "today was really fun.." he smiled at Iwaizumi who was obviously flustered judging from the expression on his face. Oikawa opened the car's door and walked out.

"Be careful on your way home Iwa-chan~" he waved cutely.

"S-Shut up trashykawa!" Iwaizumi drove off as Oikawa watched him, trying his best not to laugh.

To be continued..