Chapter 49

After leaving Tsukishima and Yamaguchi behind, Kuroo made his way to Kenma's place. As he arrived, he stopped at the door.

"Ok, Tetsurou.. you got this!! wait, maybe I should practice before going in.."

He took a deep breath and imagined Kenma standing in front of him.

"Kenma, I love you! please be my boyfriend" he spoke quietly "no.. too blunt"

"Kenma.. I- I really like you and you said you like me too so, let's go out!" he tried again "man.. that just sounds awkward"

"Kenma-!"

"What?" Kenma interrupted him while he approached him from behind.

"Wha- you weren't inside?!"

"I went to get some pills.. my head hurts" Kenma replied, walking up to the door and unlocking it.

"Are you ok? do you want me to make you some tea? hot cocoa? uhh are you hungry?" Kuroo asked worriedly.

"No, Kuroo.. I just want to sleep.." the younger one walked inside.

"Ah, then.. I should go-"

"I never said you had to leave, come inside" Kenma cut him off, his back facing Kuroo. He walked inside and Kuroo happily followed behind him before shutting the door.

Kenma sat on his bed and took a pill before plopping down on the pillows. Kuroo sat next to him.

"Why do you look so tense?" Kenma asked, he couldn't see Kuroo's face but there was something odd about the fact that he was being so quiet.

"I was.. going to ask and give you something but you're sick so you should rest. I can come back when you feel better"

Kenma sprinted up from his laying position and moved up to where he could see Kuroo clearly.

"What is it?"

"It's- it's nothing important so don't worry about it" Kuroo chuckled nervously.

"Tell me"

Kuroo looked at the blonde who was clearly dying out of curiosity "doesn't your head hurt? lay down"

"I'm fine so just tell me" Kenma tugged on the older's sleeve.

Yeah, Kuroo couldn't resist that. The desire of making Kenma his boyfriend was over the roof and the way he was acting wasn't helping.

"Fine, I'll tell you" he gave in.

He reached into one of his pockets and Kenma's eyes followed his movements, intrigued. Kuroo pulled out the box with the ring in it and held it in front of Kenma hesitantly and afraid of his reaction.

"I.. bought you a ring"

"Oh.." Kenma looked at it dumbfoundedly.

"And uh.. the question I was going to ask you is.. Kenma" Kuroo shut his eyes "will you be my boyfriend?" he blurted out, loud and clear. It was quiet so he kept his eyes closed. To him, silence after a question usually meant no.

After a few seconds, Kenma let out a scoff followed by soft laughter. Confused, Kuroo opened his eyes and looked at him.

"Wha- why are you laughing..?"

"No.. I just, I'm not laughing at you or anything. I'm just.. relieved? I guess"

"Relieved?"

"You were taking so long to ask me after we had that talk at the balcony that I thought, maybe, you had changed your mind about liking me and dating.."

"What?"

"Yeah.. I even thought of being the one asking you out but.. I'm not that brave" Kenma smiled, looking down at the bed sheets embarrassed.

Kuroo put the ring down aggressively and grabbed Kenma's head harshly to get him to look up.

"Ow! what are you doing?!" Kenma whined as cheeks were being squished.

"I! love you! so! so!! much! you have no idea"

"O-ok I get it.." Kenma said muffling his words shyly, still avoiding eye contact.

Kuroo smiled softly at his reaction and let go before grabbing the ring "here" he took it out of the box, reached for one of Kenma's hands gently and positioned the ring in front of his index finger.

"I'm not sure if it'll fit but I think I got a pretty good size" Kuroo put on the ring slowly and it fit just right "told you!" he grinned happily. Kenma stayed quiet but he couldn't keep himself from smiling.

"This means you wanna marry me by the way"

"What?"

"Mhm! that's what a ring on this finger means, it isn't an engagement ring but don't worry you'll get one soon" Kuroo smirked, satisfied.

"I- you're crazy" Kenma broke into laughter, leaving Kuroo absolutely starstruck "I guess i'll be waiting then.." he said in a lower voice but loud enough for Kuroo to hear.

"Uh- are you ok? is it because you're sick?"

"I just have a headache you know" Kenma rolled his eyes playfully.

"I can't do this anymore! can I kiss you?! can I kiss you, please?"

"Do whatever you want"

Without hesitating, Kuroo leaned into that kiss and it was one hell of a kiss. At first he was planning to just give Kenma a peck but once they're lips touched his tongue just somehow ended up inside Kenma's mouth. They made out for a few minutes until he was abruptly pushed away.

"Were you trying to kill me?!" Kenma smacked his arm, trying to catch his breath.

"Sorry.. oh! uh go to sleep now, can I stay the night? I want to take care of you. I'm your boyfriend now so it's my duty and my wish to do so. Hurry, lay down" Kuroo spoke quickly, almost too fast to even understand what he was saying. He pushed Kenma down gently and took his shoes off before tucking him into bed.

"You're acting more like a mom than a boyfriend.. but yeah, you can stay"

Kuroo's eyes lit up, anyone who saw that soft smile and that expression would be able to tell how happy he was. He gave Kenma a kiss on the forehead and looked at him like he was a prize he had just won at chem competition.

"I'm not going to bed yet so go to sleep. I'll be in the living room, call me if you need anything"

Kenma nodded his head yes and Kuroo walked away after turning off the light. He immediately shifted from barely keeping his cool to full on fanboy mode, he threw himself on the couch and pulled out his phone.

Kubro
BRO! I JUST GOT MYSELF A BOYFRIEND!!

Bokubro
OMFOMFGOMG IS IT KENMA?!

Kubro
WHO ELSE IDIOT?!

Bokubro
You right.. anyways, CONGRATS!!!

Kubro
THANKS SFHKJGDHS

Bokubro
Wait, he actually said yes? to you?!

Kubro
Very funny 😐

Bokubro
<3

To be continued..