Chapter 39

"Hey yams, where you able to figure out what's wrong with the espresso machine?" Tanaka asked as he studied the machine throughly.

"Not at all, but I did call that guy that came last time to see if he can fix it" Yamaguchi replied while he wrote down a list of things he needed to buy for the shop.

Yamaguchi Tadashi, a.k.a Hinata's best friend, worked at the cofé across the street from Starooze. Despite being the youngest employee there, he was the best at the job and the current manager too. Yamaguchi was always smiling and extremely nice so he was very popular with the customers, especially the girls but the thing is.. he doesn't like girls, which is something he's just starting to realize.

Yamaguchi has lived his whole life thinking he just hasn't found the right person and that that's what explains the fact that he's never had a crush, that was until he stumbled across gay porn.. yup, that's right, Yamaguchi came to realize he was very much attracted to men and not women through porn! Also because at times he'd find men attractive but he didn't think much of it at the time.

Because of the whole confusion of his sexuality, he's never had the chance to speak about it with Hinata and he didn't want to tell him anything if he still wasn't sure but no worries, he found the perfect way to figure it out: going to Starooze.

"Hey.. Tanaka-san?"

"What's up"

"You know that bar across the street?"

"Yeah, what about it?"

"Is there really a gay club under it? I've been hearing rumors about it recently"

"Oh, definitely! my best friend works there as a waiter actually"

"O-oh really??"

"Yup! why the sudden interest?" Tanaka asked in teasing tone.

"Oh n-nothing, I was just curious" Yamaguchi chuckled nervously.

He decided that maybe he should go check it out. Everything seemed like it would go well, his plan was perfect or so he thought. There was just one little thing, Yamaguchi had no idea that Hinata worked at Starooze.

The next day, after work, Yamaguchi made his way to Starooze. He walked into the bar and slightly bowed at Ennoshita before making his way down stairs. Purple and green lights filled the place as Yamaguchi walked inside, he looked around at the entrance until he saw the main bar and noticed the blonde bartender.

"Woah.. he's cute.."

He quickly made his way through the crowd, gaining some stares and whispers until he reached the bar's counter. He sat down on one of the stools and looked around curiously, he saw couples making out, some playing card games, and others simply drinking and laughing together. It was nice.

He glanced at Tsukishima who hadn't even noticed he was there because he was too busy organizing drinks. When he finally turned around, he saw Yamaguchi but also an approaching Terushima, who's presence he rolled his eyes at.

Terushima side eyed Yamaguchi before sitting beside him.

"Hey cutie"

Yamaguchi looked at him and proceeded to hesitantly point at himself "m-me?"

"Yeah, you" Terushima chuckled.

"Ah.. um hi" Yamaguchi bowed his head slightly.

"I don't think I've seen you around, first time here?"

"Yeah.."

Tsukishima walked up closer to the pair and tossed a towel to the side.

"What can I get you guys to drink?"

"I'll get a bloody mary, thanks" Teru replied, his eyes still fixed on yams. However, the whole time Yamaguchi's eyes were fixed on Tsukishima. From the moment he walked inside he was drawn to him and couldn't stop staring.

"And you?" Tsukishima turned to look at him.

"H-huh?" Yamaguchi snapped out of it and a slight blush spread across his face.

"I said what. do. you. want. to. drink?"

"Oh haha.. uh, do you have anything without alcohol..? he asked embarrassed.

Tsukishima let out a soft scoff "water and orange juice"

"Can I have some water then.. please?"

"Sure"

Tsukki turned around and poured ice and water in a glass before placing it in front of Yamaguchi.

"Enjoy" he said sarcastically.

"Thanks.."

When he turned away to prepare Teru's drink, the said male scooted closer to Yamaguchi.

"Hey freckles" he whispered so that Tsukishima wouldn't hear their conversation.

"Yes?"

"You interested in the four eyes? you keep staring at him"

"W-what?! no!"

Terushima chuckled at Yamaguchi's reaction, it was obvious he fancied Tsukki even if they'd just met. He put his arm around him.

"Listen, it's obvious so.. let me give you a little advice. He's going to reject you like he does with everyone so choose me"

"No"

"What?!"

"I-I mean, I'm not interested in either of you.."

Tsukishima glanced at them before harshly placing Teru's drink on the counter. Terushima grabbed it and stood up before giving yams a pat on the shoulder.

"Well cutie, I'm out! think about what I said"

"Ok.. bye..?"

Tsukishima's eyes wondered towards Yamaguchi, there was just something about him that made him want to protect the freckled boy. He swiftly cleaned the water off the counter where Teru's drink had been and finally brought himself to talk to him.

"Was he bothering you?" he asked out of nowhere.

"Oh, uh no, he was just giving me advice I guess" Yamaguchi blushed.

"Oh my fucking goddd!! he's actually talking to me?!"

"Well, I don't want to butt in but he's a playboy so I don't recommend getting involved with someone like him" Tsukki continued talking as he cleaned up his area and put up drinks.

"I see.. do you recommend yourself?"

"What?" Tsukishima stopped moving and turned to Yamaguchi.

"No! that- that's not what I meant!! I-"

"Are you interested in me or something?" Tsukishima walked up to him, leaning on the counter right in front of Yamaguchi, extremely close to his face, and a teasing smirk plastered on his face.

"N-no I was just, I was saying that because I need someone to give me advice and show me around! because it's my first time here.. and.. you seem nice" Yams backed away.

"Please tell me he bought that!!"

"Oh~ I see, that makes more sense. Then let me give you my first piece of advice.." Tsukishima stared at Yamaguchi like he was waiting for him to say something.

"O-oh! Yamaguchi! Yamaguchi Tadashi.."

"My first piece of advice for you, mister Yamaguchi is.. to never show up in here again"

To be continued..