Chapter 9

After what happened the night before, Daichi was determined to go to starooze everyday, he wasn't gonna let that jerk Ichiro come around to bother Suga and if he did he wanted to be there to beat the shit out of him.

"Daichi, I'm pretty sure I told you yesterday you don't have to come check on me everyday" Suga complained while Daichi stood at entrance of the club looking down as Suga scolded him.

"I want to make sure you're ok though.."

Suga chuckled "alright, have a seat while I go get my notepad"

Daichi smiled and nodded his head yes, Bokuto and Iwaizumi following behind him.

As they sat down Iwaizumi side eyed Daichi who he noticed had a wide grin on his face and slightly pink cheeks, he let out an airy laugh "you like him, don't you?"

"It's obvious" Bokuto added.

"W-what? no, I'm just worried for a friend.. his ex sounds like a crazy bastard you know" Daichi replied flustered as he tried not to make eye contact with both of his friends who clearly weren't buying his excuse.

"Hey Suga-san! boss is in the back, he wants to talk to you about some new employees he wants to hire" Noya said coming out of the employees only room as he watched Suga look for his notepad.

"Oh right, he mentioned that.. just give me a sec" Suga stopped what he was doing, went around the counter and peeked around a wall where Kenma was sitting on a couch playing on his psp.

"Hey, can you please cover table 6? boss wants to talk to me,  Akaashi's busy, so is Noya, and I have no idea where Oikawa went"

Kenma sighed "not like a have a choice.." He got up from the couch, grabbed his notepad and walked towards table 6, he noticed who they were and realized Kuroo wasn't there. Kenma felt relieved but also— for some reason disappointed.

"Hey.. Suga-san's talking to our boss so I'll serve your drinks" Kenma said before the trio greeted him and he took their order. After Kenma came back with the drinks and he was setting them on the table he 'unintentionally' eavesdropped on their conversation.

"So did Kuroo tell you why he wasn't coming? he's usually always excited to come here"

"No.. which is really weird, he looked upset about something but he told me he was fine"

"I know, he was acting kinda weird last night too"

"Oh yeah! and this morning I saw him throw away his cologne"

"What?! the one he's literally used for years? he loves that cologne"

"I know right!? I was shocked too but he just said he got tired of it and used one of mine"

Kenma could feel this weird feeling creeping in his heart but he couldn't tell what it was, maybe it was guilt, he thought.

"Kenma, Kenmaaa?" Kenma flinched as he snapped out of his thoughts.

"Y-yes?"

"I was asking you if Kuroo has texted you or anything" Bokuto said.

"Oh uhh no, we don't have each other's phone numbers.." Kenma replied quietly.

"Oh? he told me he was going to ask you for it last night, I guess he forgot since he likes you so much"

Kenma didn't say anything and looked down "what's this feeling? damnit!"

"Sorry, looks like that made you uncomfortable" Bokuto said following Kenma's reaction.

"No, it's not that.." Kenma replied "I have to go, Suga-san will be back soon" and with that he walked away.

"I have a feeling Kuroo's behavior has something to do with this Kenma guy" Iwaizumi said slightly annoyed.

Daichi sighed, "poor Kuroo, why are all of his crushes one sided? It'd be nice if he didn't get rejected all the time, he's a good guy"

"I know right.. we should get some grilled mackerel pikes on our way home, maybe that'll cheer him up" Bokuto suggested before grabbing his drink and chugging it all at once.

Kenma heard everything, he never left, he was hiding behind a wall and now he was feeling as shitty as ever.

After Suga came back to their table, Iwaizumi left the club because to be honest he only went to spend time with his friends and to clear his mind but since they always went to see someone, it was kinda boring for him. He made his way up the stairs and into the bar, he slightly bowed at Ennoshita and walked out.

As he walked down the sidewalk he passed by the alley between the bar and the building next to it, he heard grunting and it sounded like two people were arguing so he stopped.

"Ow! let me go!!" Oikawa whined as a man pushed him against the wall from the back of his neck.

"Oh~ why? I just wanna have some fun~" the man said leaning into Oikawa's ear.

Iwaizumi was a bit taken aback from the situation and he didn't know what to do, he walked a bit more until he reached the wall of the other building and stood behind it.

"I should mind my business"

"H-hey! don't touch me there you fucking pervert!" Oikawa's voice changed, he was clearly in distress.

"Stay still you brat!!" the man aggressively flipped Oikawa around so he was facing him and punched him making his lip bleed. He wrapped his hands around Oikawa's neck, pressing hard with a grin on his face. Oikawa gasped for air and tears started to well up in his eyes.

"P-please"

"Ha! so now you're crying, I thought you were oh so tough~ I'll just wait until you're unconscious and then I'll have my fun with you" the man mocked him as he continued pressing on his neck.

"I'm scared.. please, someone"

To be continued..