Chapter 24

"I'm telling you Noya-san, it was the weirdest thing!" Hinata said as he walked hurriedly behind Nishinoya who was speed walking around the club taking orders since it was an extremely busy day.

"So you just woke up at home even though you don't remember leaving the karaoke place?!"

"Exactly!! My mom said a friend dropped me off but I went alone!" Hinata exclaimed, throwing his hands in the air.

Nishinoya kept walking from table to table, taking orders as fast as he could with Hinata standing closely behind. Suga took the day off and the rest of the waiters all had private sessions which left Noya, Makki, and Hinata being the ones extra occupied.

As they walked they arrived at a table with familiar faces "hey Noya-san, busy day?" Kindaichi greeted him, amused at Nishinoya's annoyed expression.

"I literally hate it here dude"

"Hey, at least you get to wear sexy uniforms" Kunimi joked and Nishinoya rolled his eyes in response.

Hinata kept quite since his crush was sitting right before him. Kags wasn't saying anything, and looked like he wanted to punch someone. He always looked like that, Hinata thought. Kunimi and Kindaichi looked at each other as they recalled the events of a few nights ago. It was obvious that Kageyama was trying to avoid looking at Hinata because of it.

"Hey Hinata, take their orders will you? I'm gonna make sure the other idiots aren't in private sessions with their boyfriends because if they are-! I'm calling Asahi-san~" Nishinoya pushed his notepad onto Hinata's chest and trotted away.

"W-wait! Noya-san!" Hinata sighed after Nishinoya completely ignored him "that's even more unfair to me.." he mumbled under his breath. He turned around towards Kindaichi and the others "hi.." he smiled awkwardly.

"Don't look so down tangerine" Kunimi said without looking at Hinata.

"Tangerine?"

"Your hair" Kindaichi added, pointing at Hinata's head. Hinata let out an short 'oh' before grabbing a strand of his hair and looking at it, it was almost as if he had no idea he was a ginger.

"Could you hurry up and take our order?" Kageyama spoke suddenly, glaring at Hinata.

"R-right.. sorry, what can I get for you guys?"

"We'll get the usual, we don't really like any other drinks so next time you don't even have to ask" Kindaichi explained nicely, referring to him and Kunimi.

"Ok! and.. would you also like the s-"

"Mark seven" Kageyama cut him off.

"What the fuck, why is he such an asshole?! all those good looks for nothing"

"So you also want the same as last time, that's the drink that has milk in it, isn't it?"

"I don't know, why don't you ask your bartender?"

Hinata scoffed, causing Kageyama to glance at him. He suddenly remembered Oikawa's advice "If he's an asshole towards you, just return the favor. You never know, he might find you hotter if you're bitchy"  Hinata leaned into Kageyama's face, causing all three boys to look at him confused.

"Are you always an asshole when people are nice to you? you think you're all that?"

Kageyama didn't say anything in response, he simply continued glaring at him when in reality he was losing it on the inside.

"Cat got your tongue?" Hinata smirked "guess so~ I'll be back with your orders in a sec" he straightened up and playfully winked at Kageyama before walking away.

Kunimi and Kindaichi looked at each other and bursted into laughter as kageyama sat there, frozen in place.

"That was unexpected wasn't it?" Kunimi snickered.

"Dude you're blushing so much, I can't" Kindaichi pointed out causing Kageyama to sprint up from his seat, towards the restroom. He splashed water on his face and looked in the mirror.

"Fuck! why's my face red?"

After walking away from their table Hinata was dying of embarrassment "what the fuckk!! I shouldn't have listened to Oikawa-san, they were laughing after I left!!" his whole face was red and suddenly he felt the urge to pee really bad so he quickly headed to the restroom. He opened the door and realized that the person he wanted to see the least right now was in there, right in front of him, once again.  He hurriedly hid behind a wall and took a deep breath "act natural Shouyo, act natural"

He walked into the restroom and simply stood beside Kageyama, turning on the faucet to wash his hands even though he obviously wasn't there to do that.

Once Kageyama noticed Hinata, he made his way out the door.

"W-wait!" Hinata called out before Kags could leave, Kageyama stopped but he didn't say anything. Hinata quickly dried his hands and stood in front of him.

"Um.. thanks for dropping me off that night.."

Kageyama's eyes widened slightly "you- you knew?"

"Well! I don't remember it but my sister just sent me this.." Hinata pulled out his phone and held it in front of Kageyama's face, showing the messages Natsu sent him literally seconds ago. It was a picture of Kageyama taking Hinata to his room that night and a message below it that read "look what I found in my camera roll, I forgot I even took this but you look so stupid lololl"

Hinata put his phone up and looked up at Kageyama "are you mad about earlier..? I'm not usually like that! it's just Oikaw-"

"I don't care" Kageyama cut him off, yet again, and continued walking towards the restroom's exit.

"H-hey! I wasn't done talking!! do you wanna fight?! come back!!" Hinata shouted without gaining any response. Tsukishima watched from afar with a grin oh his face, entertained at Hinata's situation.

"Hey idiot, the drinks are ready so hurry up" He called before sliding the tray towards Hinata's direction. The said boy hesitantly grabbed the drinks and slowly walked towards Kageyama's table and then out of nowhere, Nishinoya appeared.

"Shouyooo, my Asahi-san can't come because he's busy with workkk" Noya whined.

"Aha! this is my chance to escape!"

"Noya-san! take this to that table over there, I really need to pee, here, take it, take it!"

"Wha-? oh, oh ok"

Hinata scurried away quickly and went into the restroom once again.

"Oh hey!" a familiar voice startled him.

Kindaichi waved a hand in the air with a friendly smile on his face "I'm glad you're here, I have something to give you" he put his hand in his pocket and pulled out a small piece of folded paper.

"Here"

Hinata took the paper confused and when he was about to say something, Kindaichi beat him to it.

"You'll thank me later" he said before walking away. Hinata unfolded the paper and his eyes sparkled brightly at what he saw, a wide smiled spread across his face and he excitedly put the paper into one of his pockets.

This is Kageyama's phone number :) don't question why I'm doing this, let's just say I think you guys would look good together, yw

***   ***  ****

To be continued..