Chapter 42

After coming out to his mom and gaining such a response from her, Yamaguchi cried for at least an hour as his mother comforted him.

"Look at you, your eyes are all swollen" she wiped his eyes softly.

"Mom.. I want to tell dad too"

"Are you sure? you can take as long as you need, think it through"

"No, I'm sure.. I need to tell him that I'm gay even if-"

"You're what?" his father suddenly walked into the kitchen.

"Dad!" Yamaguchi quickly stood up from his chair "I- I.."

"Tadashi, what did you just say?"

Yamaguchi's father looked at his mom and she shrugged with a smile. Yamaguchi could feel the tears threatening to fall again, he started sweating and he simply couldn't look up at his father.

"You're.. gay? that's.."

"Please don't say it, please don't say it"

"Somewhat unexpected"

"Huh?" Yamaguchi looked up.

"Anyways, what's for dinner tonight?" his dad asked, completely unfazed as he undid his necktie.

Without a single world from the three, they set the dining table and sat down to eat dinner. Yamaguchi couldn't take it, I mean, he was glad his dad didn't cuss him out or threw him out of the house but his response wasn't clear and he couldn't understand.

"Dad, I like men"

"Yes, you mentioned that earlier"

"So you're ok with it?"

"Why wouldn't I be?" his father put his chopsticks down and looked directly at him "there's something I've never told you because I simply didn't have a reason to but since you're being so persistent now, I might as well just be honest"

"Ok..?" Yamaguchi looked at him confused.

"I, your father, am a bisexual" he smiled "I just happened to fall in love with a woman, whom I love very much, and who's currently my wife and your mother but back in my high school days, I did date guys so if you like men, I don't see why I should be against it"

Yamaguchi's jaw dropped and his mom chuckled, looking at him amused.

"Are you serious!? and you knew?!" he turned to look at his mother at which she nodded yes, with a mischievous smile "I can't believe this.. I have like, the coolest parents ever" he covered his face with both hands.

"Ok, stop being dramatic and eat your food before it gets cold"

"Yes sir.."

Right after eating, Yamaguchi texted Hinata and told him everything. The next day, he hurriedly made his way to Starooze.

He walked into the club and once again, people were staring, but he didn't care. He was here to see Tsukishima and that's all that mattered. He quickly made his way through the crowd and sat on the same stool he sat on last time.

Yamaguchi watched Tsukishima, mesmerized, as the said male prepared a couple of drinks for one of the waiters that leaned on the counter while he waited.

"Woah.. his hair looks so cool, I wonder if it's natural"

"Take a picture, it'll last longer" Nishinoya said, turning to look at Yamaguchi with a playful grin.

"Ah! no, I'm sorry! I just really like your hair, the blonde part really stands out.."

"Don't worry about it, I was just messing with you and thanks" Nishinoya laughed before walking closer to Yams.

"I'm Nishinoya by the way, I haven't seen you around here so I figure I'd introduce myself"

"Nice to meet you, I'm Yamaguchi" Yamaguchi smiled, bowing slightly.

"Drinks are ready" Tsukishima called out before placing the tray on the counter. Nishinoya quickly took the tray and playfully winked at Tsukki.

"Thanks buddy"

"Fuck off"

"Well, see ya later Yama!"

"See ya.."

"Wait, I can call you that, right?"

"Um- sure!" Yamaguchi chuckled.

"Cool, you can call me Noya-senpai" Nishinoya winked once again and finally took off.

"I thought I told you not to come here anymore" Tsukishima shifted his attention towards Yamaguchi.

"And I told you, you can't tell me what to do. Oh! by the way! what's your favorite color?" Yamaguchi asked excitedly and completely serious.

"What? that's none of your business"

"Right.. um do you like coffee? I work at a café!"

"No and I don't care"

"I see.."

"Why aren't any of dad's tips working?! maybe I should try what mom said.."

The night before, Yamaguchi asked his parents for flirting advice and they gave him tons of ideas and told him how they used to flirt. His dad said to ask questions about his crush so that he could see he was interested and his mom said to compliment him, so that was what he planned to do next.

Tsukishima glanced at Yamaguchi every once in a while as the freckled boy looked down, lost in thought. In all honesty, Tsukishima was somewhat interested in Yamaguchi and definitely attracted to him but just like Yama.. Tsukishima had no dating experience and zero crushes in his 19 years of living so clearly he didn't know what to do in such a situation.

"Are you just gonna sit here and do nothing? want some water?" Tsukishima asked, mockingly.

"I like your glasses" Yamaguchi blurted out.

"What..?"

Yamaguchi's whole face turned red and he whined to himself as he laid his head on the counter "I was supposed to say eyes.. I like your eyes" he mumbled, making it impossible for Tsukishima to hear.

"Hey, don't put your head on there, it's dirty"

"Ugh whatever.. I'll try again tomorrow" he got up sloppily and began walking away.

"Try what agai-"

"Bye, Tsukki.."

Again, just like last time, Tsukishima felt his face heating up and his face flushed red.

"Fuck, he's kind of cute"

"Glasses-kun~ geez, why are you so red, are ya sick?" Kuroo came out of nowhere.

"Ugh, shut up"

"Hey! Hey! Heyyy!!" Bokuto walked up behind Kuroo, throwing his hand in the air and grinning happily.

"Kill me now.." Tsukishima groaned under his breath. He secretly wished tomorrow would come faster. He also wished he could stop being an asshole to people that don't deserve it but who knows, maybe that's impossible.

To be continued..