Sailing Mystery

Syd'nee's POV

 It had been 5 days. 5 days since I'd seen or heard from anyone in the palace, or the whereabouts of Prince Cleo. Dorcie had been taking care of me since our escapade back at the diner, the day I was meant to go stop Cleo's plane from taking off. But, instead, she'd just made a well-defined u-turn and drove up to a secluded highland mansion, completely isolated from any other form of life. I'd wondered what Dorcie did for a living as she thoroughly toured me around her 1.3 million USD home, there being over 5 bathrooms and 7 bedrooms, all the size of a high school gymnasium.

"Syd'nee?" I heard a gentle rap on the cherry wooden door, causing me to sit up on the queen sized bed in the grandiose bedroom Dorice had lent me for the time being. "Uh huh?" I acknowledged half-heartily, distracted whilst shackling the silken robe around my bare skinned body, the light rosy color contrasting beautifully against my dark mocha skin, if I did say so myself.

"I'm going to Kejetia Market in Kumasi...Do you want to come?" I sat myself onto the bed whilst listening to her proposal, a tinge of guilt washing over me. I didn't want her to think that she had to drag me everywhere with her. I felt that I was constantly behind her like a lost puppy, with no where to go, or no intention of finding my way home.

"N-No thanks! I'm alright, and need to continue scrubbing the tiles anyway! Gye w'ani!" (Gye W'ani: means "Have fun" in Ghanian tongue called Twi)

"....You sure? And I told you that I didn't want you working in my house! You aren't a maid in here, Syd'nee." I could hear the slight setback of annoyance in Dorcie's tone accompanied by a chime of keys. I carefully slid into the sunflower off-the-shoulder dress Dorcie had purchased for me the day before- much to my pleading dismay and slid my feet into a dainty pair of sandals that strapped up criss crossed to my knee. Not my preferred style, but I'd always had a hard time sounding out the word no, especially to those who had been so considerate and charitable to me throughout the years. Wearing the designer outfits she'd bought for me was the least I could do to show my appreciation.

"Yes!" I playfully chimed back while sauntering over towards the door Dorice stood behind, my fingers coiling around the brass doorknob. "I'll be fine, I think I'm just going to catch up on some news and play with Rina and Ritu." I smiled at Dorcie once yanking the door open to meet her slightly hesitant gaze. Rina and Ritu were Dorcie's German Sheppard puppies with sensational blue-green eyes and hazelnut fur that smelled of exotic east Indian mango's and jasmine oil.

Dorcie finally seemed to agree with much thought as she nodded her head, a slight smile reaching her hazel orbs. "Well, alright. But just make sure you leave the doors locked behind you. Rina and Ritu love running around in the back garden, but I watered my flowers early this morning. Make sure they don't go out there...okay? Oh, and you see that door right there?" My dark brows creased as Dorcie stepped out of my range view to point to a padlocked door with the sign DO NOT ENTER printed bold in cursive. I was confused. Didn't she live here alone? Unless she was reminding herself not to go into the room? I nodded nonetheless, my brows still firmly creased.

"You are not to in any circumstances go in there; It's off limits, and I'd appreciate it if we just left it at that." Dorcie's smiled faltered with each word she spoke until she was no longer smiling. I swallowed thickly, my gaze constantly flickering from her, to the sealed door across the hall from my room. "Of course! I-I got it." Was all I could muster up with a stunned nod. Her smile quickly returned as she bent her head to place a kiss to my forehead, which astonished me to no end. On spur of moment, I felt a warm feeling surge throughout my veins. She reminds me so much of mama.. I smiled at the thought, before gazing up at her through my long lashes.