Abduction Part ll

Prince Cleo's POV

A'yo had called off the search party 12 hours prior to, only giving us 5 hours to inspect causing an implausibly furious reaction out of me, which is probably what he was provoking in the first place. After finding out that it was in-fact Syd'nee who'd been abducted, I stayed put to assist the Servants ransacking spree of  the entire Castle, only to come up comprehensively empty-handed. "Dammit, Syd'nee..." I mumbled beneath my breath whilst rubbing furiously at my eyes, not yet wanting to accept the fact that she might not ever return back to me. 

"Knock-knock... can I come in?" A soft spoken voice tremulously called from behind my door, which revoked a resounding sigh out of me. Why couldn't they see I just wanted to be alone? I nonetheless, propped myself up onto my elbows whilst staring at the brass door knob dejectedly. A part of me hoped it would be Syd'nee behind the door, her chocolate brown orbs that I'd grown to love twinkling at me with a hint of mischief as her bouncy chestnut curls would cascade around her beautifully heart framed face, conceive the perfect curtain. She'd crawl onto the expansive bed beside me, whispering sweetly into the shell of my ear to stay and never let her go, the pad of my thumb gently caressing the curve of her back soothingly where we'd then proceed to make euphoric love under the fluorescent moonlight until the crack of dawn. 

Man, did I have one wild imagination. 

"Come." I ushered sluggishly, my orbs blinking twice in realization that my fantasy would never convert to reality as Sasha's doe eyes came into view, sliding her petite frame through the ajar crack she'd contrived. Her fingers tightly grasped around the handle of the door knob as she spun back around on her tattered ballerina shoes to shut it sealed, isolating the both of us once again from any pesky observers. We both stood in silence as she spun back around, expelling a soft sigh from the confines of her rosy lips as if she'd been holding in her breath the entire journey here. 

"So..." She started, suddenly looking down to fiddle with her lanky fingers, drumming them against her stocking covered thigh as if contemplating what to say. I sat back on my King sized, allowing her all the time she needed. 

"Look..." She started once more, swallowing nervously as her big innocent like eyes scanned the magnificently illustrated framed portraits on the walls showcasing the early manifestations of nationalism in Ghana. She drew her eyes from the artwork, to connect her eyes with mine, the painting must've given her that boost of confidence she had needed. I cracked a smile. 

"About the other day... I just wanted to thank you for helping me out. Nobody but Syd'nee has really ever stood up for me like that before and well... You heard about what happened to her, didn't you?" Sasha sniffled, her palms roughly coming up to wipe at her eyes as she awaited my response. I pursed my lips whilst nodding, not wanting to give my emotions away. "I helped search the entire Palace for her." I spoke while retreating my gaze back up to the ivory popcorn ceiling, my hands moving to tuck underneath my head in an attempt to relax. I felt the bed shift and dip slightly as Sasha sat on the edge, her insignificant weight hardly making a difference. 

"I  still can't believe it... I mean, who would want to take Syd'nee away? I bet if it were one of A'yo's bitchy daughters the entire palace would be on lock-down." Sasha spoke through gritted teeth, and I hummed in response half-heatedly listening. My thoughts wouldn't stop drifting to the last occurrence with Syd'nee before her disappearance. The kiss we shared was enchanted, one of a kind, and irreplaceable. Her lips against mine had never felt so right. 

"You're leaving today, aren't you?" Sasha's voice had temporarily snapped me from my reverie, causing me to arch a brow, hoisting my head to catch her inquired gaze. 

"I'm not so sure..." I sighed, now fully sitting up from my previous position. Sasha tilted her head in confusion and I shook my head, not fully understanding what I had even meant by that. I couldn't leave Ghana without her. I needed her. "I can't leave knowing that she isn't safe, Sasha. I wouldn't be able to forgive myself if anything happened to her, surely you should understand that." I suddenly snapped, creasing my eyebrows together sharply. Sasha nodded soundlessly, her eyes casting downward as she once again began to fidget. 

There was something she wasn't telling me. I could feel it. 

"Sasha, look at me." I appointed with such jurisdiction and authority that it even surprised myself. When she continued to pick and tug at the small hole on her stockings, I gritted my teeth, a high peak of annoyance overcoming me. 

"Sasha!" I beckoned once more, evoking a small squeak out of her. She gradually turned her head towards me, brown orbs twinkling with guilt as she spoke softly. 

"I think I know where she is."

Syd'nee's POV

"Well, why in the hell did you bring her here?! If Papa finds out we're all in trouble!" The violent whisper of another woman in the room jolted me awake violently, followed by the loud slam of a door. My eyes rapidly snapped open before sealing back closed at the amount of sunlight irradiating the large cell. 

"Shi...t..." I mumbled whilst using my only good hand to barricade the sunlight. The voice had completely disappeared, and I desperately wished that I could see past the sun. I could only make out the slender silhouette of what appeared to be a women, dark skinned, and looking in my direction. I swallowed thickly.

"Whoever's there... please, please help me. I've done nothing wrong!" I exclaimed to whomever was listening, my eyes now filling with tears. But  they wouldn't fall. I wouldn't let them. The resounding sound of heels hastily clacking against the unfinished dust collected ground caught my attention, my head quickly snapping towards my left. The silhouette of the woman blockaded the pensive rays of sunlight as she stooped down to meet my level. I gasped as my vision enhanced powerfully, giving me the perfect view of the woman's features. I blinked coming face to face with Sharonia's twin sister, Shawhna. The only reason I knew it was her, was for the lengthy scar she had accumulated over the years after saving a slave from her father's deathly wrath.  

"Everything's gonna be alright, Syd'nee... I'm sorry this happened to you. My sister can be quite the dramatic at times..." She gave me a weak smile whilst quickly moving to untie the restraints against my ankles. So it was Sharonia behind this! That bitch... I grounded my teeth with a troubled nod, my thoughts suddenly drifting the last encounter Sharonia and I had, and oh, was it a bad one. 

"The kiss..." I mumbled more so to myself, whilst gazing over Shawhna's head in thought. She gave me a puzzled look, her eyes more than once always gazing back towards the door that Sharonia had supposedly slammed moments before. "Why are you helping me?" I asked solemnly once she finished untying the ropes from my ankles, the deep red bruising displaying even through my thick woven stockings. 

"Because," She began, holding out a hand to me as she stood up from the ground. I took it without hesitation, a small whimper of pain emitting from my lips as she helped me stand from the ground. "My sister needs to be taught a lesson." I cracked an unsure smile at that, now standing eye to eye with her. "Thank-you for do-" I commenced before faltering as the door to the cell moderately began to open, revealing no other but the devil's comrade herself, Sharonia. She slammed the cells door behind her, frenetic rage coursing throughout her orbs as she promenaded towards me. I clenched my intact hand into a tight fist, resentment slowly consuming my body. 

"I see the princess is awake!" She sneered lunging forward to attack, but not before Shawhna grabbed onto her wrist, halting her savage intentions. Sharonia attempted to shove Shawhna from her with a deathly glare. "Let go of me, you damn betrayer! You're supposed to be my sister! Not this ugly hussy!" I scoffed, staying silent. If only my other hand wasn't crushed, I would rip that false hair right out of her head! "Sharonia! Calmez-vous!" Calmez-vous? I blinked. Perhaps Sasha was right when she told me the twins' mother had been a french speaking african. 

"No! Don't tell me to calm down, you calm down! You think you're so clever, Shawhna? Coming here to save this little weasel when I wasn't around? Good thing I called in for back-up!"

Back-up? I frowned before swallowing. 

Oh, shit. I needed an escape. Cleo, where are you?