Keystone

Syd'nee's POV.

"Are you alright, Syd?" Chantel asked me once leading me towards her grandiose bed. I nodded, although my mind was still elsewhere. I couldn't believe I'd actually seen him. The man who'd managed to capture my heart in three weeks; the man who'd done nothing but make me feel like a queen, even in the most darkest hours of my time spent at the Accra palace; the man who'd shown me what it felt like to feel beautiful and love the skin that I was in.  I was strictly and irrevocably in love with Cleo, although it took me a while to really accept this feeling. I couldn't help the way he constantly made me feel just by a mere whisper of my name, or even a simple touch of his fingertips grazing against my shoulder blades.

I craved him. I longed for him. I needed him.

"Syd'nee? Hello?" I blinked quickly and looked to see Chantel gazing at me with a look I couldn't identify. Her hands were placed against her dainty hips as she shook her head and proceed to dress my palm, grabbing a sanitary looking pair of tweezers and gently plucking each broken fragmented piece of glass from my skin. I winced and looked away at the sight of the blood oozing from my palm and bit my lip to keep from making a sound.

"So how long have you been here in London?" She asked softly in attempt to make small talk. I smiled slightly at her strategy to take my mind from the pain I was in and noted just how much of a kind and thoughtful person Chantel really was.

"Not long," I answered back softly, not knowing whether or not to tell her that I'd only just landed today. She nodded anyway, and began to wrap my left palm in a thick dressing, almost professionally. Once she was finished she looked back up to meet my questioning orbs and smiled, as if knowing what I was thinking.

"I enrolled myself into a medical school when I was 18, studied and practiced for two years before I had to leave in order to focus more on being the future Queen of France." She spoke while gazing out towards the large window she had placed in her room next to her plasma television. I looked down at my palm in silence, as did she, before she quickly got up and heaved a sigh.

"Dinner will be served in 25 minutes. Do you think that gives you enough time to get yourself ready? I have fresh towels, clothes, toothbrushes, and other female toiletry items in the bathroom, and I have some clothes in the closet if you would like to borrow some; they should fit." She spoke so fast I could barley comprehend. I nodded nonetheless, a small smile quickly reaching my lips.

"Y-yes. Thank you." I responded back with a nod. She nodded before slipping from the room and closing the door shut gently behind her. I could hear the faint conversation she had with Cleo and by the sounds it if it seemed as if they were both arguing.

"No Cleo, I want to know who she is!" I heard Chantel's voice rise slightly and a hush, as if Cleo had shushed her. I slowly tip-toed towards the closed door to press my ear up against it as I tried to figure out what was going on.

"Why are you so concerned, Chantel?! You don't even know who she is. She's not important." Cleo suddenly shouted and I backed away from the door slightly as his resounding voice had caused my ear to tingle.

"If she wasn't important, you wouldn't be ending this engagement. I know you; you wouldn't break your mother's or my heart like this..." She pointed out. I frowned listening to the pain and agony that was laced within her voice. She was heartbroken. I knew that tone anywhere.

I heard Cleo sigh from the other side of the door, and I could just picture him running his hands through his chestnut hair and across his clean structured face.  My eyes traveled down to watch the brass knob of the door wobble slightly, as if someone on the other side was attempting to open the door. I placed both my palms against my mouth to silence the unexpected gasp that threatened to spew from within me as I quickly strode towards the en-suite bathroom to begin my bath, trying rapidly to shut and lock the door behind me, not wanting to get caught.

Chantel's POV

"I never said she was more important, Chantel. Stop putting bloody words into my mouth!" I jumped watching Cleo's fist hit roughly against the wall of my sitting area, quickly shaking a portrait of Cleo's great generation of the 1800's, Queen Carmella. Tears fled to the brims of my orbs threatening to fall as I looked back up to watch Cleo run his hand through his hair roughly, and then drag it down his face, as if contemplating something far much more than what we were discussing. He reached for the knob of the door as to signal that our conversation was done, but I wasn't finish.

"Cleo...Cleo, please," I whispered while walking up to him slowly and taking a hold of his cheeks softly, bringing his face down to meet my own. He looked down at me while frowning, almost as if it pained him to look at me and I sighed, bringing my hands abruptly back down to my waist.

"What does she have that I don't? Huh? Is she prettier than me? Slimmer? Does she have a bigger arse? What is it Cleo." I finally snapped and I could tell by the look on his face, so did he.

"CHANTEL NOT EVERYTHING IS ABOUT LOOKS."

"Cleo shut up." I retaliated. "Just answer the goddamn question. What does she have that I don't?"

There was an annoyingly long pause before he responded. "She's just real. She makes me feel normal. To call her the most beautiful being is an understatement. She is everything that I am not but wish I was. She's the queen to my heart. And her arse is definitely bigger than yours, just saying" He added, his jokingly whispers boomed through the halls as his thundering laughter followed after.

I tried my best to hide my laughter: Same OLD Cleo. I mockingly gasped while slapping him, as I quickly retreated to my room.

"She better be worth it Leo, because you sure are giving up a whole damn lot." I called out from behind me.

He turned me around and gave me that million dollar smile of his before kissing me on the cheek, "Oh, I'd give her the world and back. Anyone would love her, and I'm pretty sure you will too."

"But you insist on telling me nothing about her" I replied, while he was closing the door.

"I'm pretty sure you might figure that out on your own" he retorted back through the close door.

And then he was gone, and I knew it would be for good.

A/N:

Hey guys, sorry for the long wait. There was definitely no excuse for making you guys wait so long. I know this chapter is short and probably not as interesting as you would hope for but school is definitely consuming most of our time, not to mention our bad time management skills. We already started working on the next chapter . BTW we want to try this new thing we're people can write into us what they think/want the next chapter to be, and if it is really good we might put it in. Love you.

                                                                                                                        s&M xoxoxox