Coronation

Syd'nee's POV

I squinted as an illuminating ray of light temporarily blinded me whilst stumbling past an unknown threshold. 

"Found another one, Foster." The woman who had taken me away sneered to another, while releasing the grip she held onto my hair. I blinked continuously in attempt to adjust to the light that I know began to recognize as a chandelier which swished on it's hinges slowly.  The man who had been address as Foster shook his head while clicking his tongue. 

"Tsk, tsk. It's almost as if these whores have forgotten their purpose." He chuckled to the woman before patting her on the shoulder to which she smiled back, clearly uncomfortable. "This one's wearing a different uniform than the others, and god knows where the hell she found that. Looks like something my great grandmother would wear. When she was alive." Foster seized up my features, looking me up and down and I slowly felt myself being reminded of King A'yo, back home in Ghana. Did he even know I was missing? And what about Sasha and Dorcie? Did she finally go over to the Palace like she promised me she would? I frowned and shook my attention away from them and towards my current. I had only just realized that I was standing in a formatted line, and from what I could see; it was about 30 black and white females standing side by side, their shoulders touching as they stood as still as the Queen's guards who mounted outside the gates of the Palace.      I wrinkled my dark brows together, gradually staring down at my maid's uniform and then back to the maid's own beside me suddenly connecting the puzzle together. 

"Oh, shit..." I found myself whispering. From the corner of my eye I could sense the female maid who stood beside me turn her head to face me quizzically. 

Did these people think I was a runaway maid for the Queen?

"Hey... you new here?" She whispered lowly enough for me to hear as we kept our eyes trained on Foster and the woman whose backs were currently faced towards us. I swallowed the thick lump forming in my throat whilst nodding, having no other option. What could I have told her? No, I'm actually an uncontrolled runaway Maid from Ghana who travelled here all on her own in hopes of reconnecting with the Prince, soon to be King of the United Kingdom so that we could live happily ever after?

I think not.

"Yeah... I guess you could say that." I whispered back, before stealing a glance up at her. She gazed back down at me and smiled with warm brown orbs, nodding in understanding. I nibbled on my lip whilst gazing around the expansive storage looking room. Clangs of utensils smacking against glass accompanied with urgently rushed orders sounded the room outside of where we currently where and I couldn't help but smell the delicious waver of food which filled my nostrils along the way. It sounded and smelt like a kitchen was out there. 

"Alright!  I'm not repeating myself so all of you better listen up!" Foster turned back around to face us just as the woman began to leave the storage room the same back entrance she'd pushed me through, but not before sending me a direct wink. I looked away quickly retreating my attention back to Foster. 

"Now," He started, slowly walking closer towards us as he began to speak. I felt the girl beside me shoulders tense as he approached us first, his suede shoes clacking against the polished tiles. This was all too familiar to me. I tried pushing thoughts of A'yo away but it turned out forgetting him was going to be harder than imagined. "I hope you all remember what you're job is for this evening." He began, halting just by me to tuck a stray curl away from my mocha skin. I stared him straight in the eyes, not faltering my gaze. I would show him that he couldn't scare me. His light blue orbs met my gaze and he smirked, slowly moving onto the girl next to me. I blew out a gentle of sigh relief. 

Maid For Himजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें