New Beginnings

Syd'nee's P.O.V

The extravagant palace was on the brink of excitement when the news hit-- the so called handsome prince of Hampstead was staying here. I had never seen the prince before, but by the hushed whispers of King A'yo's eldest daughters, Sharonnia and Shawna, I was intrigued to know more about our future tenant. I hastily scampered into the room that the prince was meant to be occupying, as I absentmindedly began to clean the little to no dust in the expansive room; trying to accumulate the mixed emotions about our newest monarch.

"Syd'nee?" An agitated call of my name snapped me out of my previous trance, bringing me to full alert. I quickly smoothed out the invisible wrinkles on my tattered dress, gathering up the little dignity and pride I had left. "Yes?" I called out whilst running towards the cherry wooden door just in time to witness no one but Sharonnia barbarously fling open the door, a look of pure hatred in her chestnut orbs.

"You were supposed to be in my room 10 minutes ago, helping me get ready for the Royal Highness' arrival!" Sharonnia hollered into the shell of my ear, causing me to shrink back in automatic fear. I despised that about myself. Before I arrived to the palace and began to work, I was an independent jaunty girl, who didn't need anyone to tell her what to do, or how to do it. Sure, my family and I were not very wealthy, but I'd always find the legal tender on my own. Now, I had completely changed, both physically and intellectually. I was turning 19 in a few months- and to say I hadn't had a smidgen of excitement in me was certainly an understatement.

"Come, Now!" Sharonnia squawked powerfully as she spun on her glossy designer shoes, silky ebony curls following her every movement as she promenaded down the great hallway. "Yes, I'm coming!" I called out after her whilst shoving the cleaning appliances underneath my arms, running after her like a lost puppy.

Cleo's P.O.V

I had only been here for a mere two hours, and my skin was already revolving into a golden complexion because of the heat. I twisted uncomfortably in my seat as the Ghanaian driver, Oübulé, bore holes into my skull as he watched me from the rear-view mirror. "Just great." I mumbled to myself whilst staring down at my custom designed iPhone 5 which currently hadn't had a single bar of service. I helplessly wished for water ; not only to sooth my dry throat, but wake me up from this reality of a nightmare. What had I put myself into? Was this the life every Prince had to go through? I slackly shut my eyes, imagining my one and only home, imagining my beloved awaiting my arrival, because I was missed- but there wasn't a single person in mind. No one who truly loved me. Except for my so called Family who were the ones that encouraged the trip. This piece of metal called a car suddenly came to an abrupt stop, sending me forward sharply into the back of the drivers seat.

"Shi..-" I caught Oübulé's scolding gaze, as if challenging me to continue. "Ship." I flashed a sheepish grin before running a hand through my disheveled platinum locks. "We're here!" Oübulé slid the key from the ignition before stepping out of the station wagon, a wide smile gracing his lips as he took in the crisp air. "Sir?" Oübulé tapped on the tinted window attempting to grab my attention. I sighed, rolling my turquoise hues before stepping out of the car. I stared at the Palace, it was much more attractive and bigger than I had imagined, but my gaze haltered upon realizing that all the King's subjects were staring at me.

A/N: AYYCHARDELOVESNIALL made a favorable contribution to our up and coming novella, by producing a cover page for our story. Much Appreciated - S&M.

XOX